Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
articsilber323
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

with these speaker can you keep the factory speaker grill i have harley speaker trim covers i want to keep

Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

papifun ,,,,,

absolutely ,,, we will be set up at our normal spot in TourExpo for AMERICADE ,,,,

smg614 ,,,,,

thank you for the good words ,,,,,,

Gotastreetglide ,,,,,,

I understand your dilema ,,,,, and I do wish it was easier to transfer the ROKKER stuff from a Roadglide to a StreetGlide and via/versa but it is not,,,, almost every part of the kits are different ,,,,

jrstar ,,,,,,

we appreciate very much your business ,,,,,,

BigMike43 ,,,,,,,

glad we were able to get you going ,,, please let us know anytime we can help ,,,,,

articsilber323 ,,,,,,,

you can, but the stock grills would limit the amount of air that can be pushed thru the grill ,,,,

Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

JMJOHM.........can the Rokker speakers be used with your 250 watt amp or would I need the 500 watt amp? I have a 09 Road Glide with the HSRK-7252GTM speakers in front runing off the amp and the HURE-5252GTM speakers in my rear speaker pods on the tour pak running off the factory HK radio.

thanks

Old 05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

SEsupply2 ,,,,,,

yes ,,,, the ROKKER 7.25's will run off your 250w 2-ch ROKKER amplifier very well ,,,,,,,,

These videos are a MUST WATCH for anyone wanting to configure, wire, install and adjust the J&M ROKKER series audio systems for your Harley Bagger ,,,,,,

HOW-TO configure/wire 2, 4, 6 or 8 speakers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7C...4LpftUbhq26J9L

HOW-TO install ROKKER series speakers/amplifiers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhfx...OhScZC_aBjl7tk

HOW-TO adjust ROKKER series amplifier gain controls on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6C5M...UCt2IbqEHhEcsN

Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
teester
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed John about getting my hands on their speakers to test and see how the sound quality is because they weren't to be found in my area. I want a speaker that not only is clear and loud but sounds like it was meant to sound, not like it was piped through a tin can. I didn't want to buy them if they didn't sound real I said. With all the complaints about J&M on here I suspect that's why I've not heard from him.

No worrys, I went with the Polk MM651's which I've read all positives about but for one guy who said Hertz sounded better and another with some $700 focals. From what all I've read and priced at $139 at Crutchfields, you can't go wrong with them.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

TEESTER ,,,,,,

I did not respond to you by email because you made it clear that you wanted to TRY the J&M speakers first (without paying for them first? I was not sure) and if they did NOT sound exactly as YOU thought they should, you wanted to return them ,,,,,,

how in the world can I respond to a request like that ? ,,,,,

we offer THE BEST performing speakers and amplifiers available for your Harley Bagger audio system, period ,,,,,,

and when we sell the high volume of speakers and amps that we do, there are going to be a small percentage of failures from time to time, but we always stand behind the products we sell and get things taken care of asap when something does go wrong ,,,,,,,

just ask all the forum members here that have been using the J&M audio products for more than a decade what they think ,,,,,,,

enjoy your Polk or Hertz speakers, you really can't go too wrong with either, but when you get a chance, stop by the J&M demo trailer at one of the shows we set up at and compare ,,,, it might just surprise you ,,,,

Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM
teester
Intermediate

Well not so much John, I read nearly this entire thread and quite a few people feel that 1. You do not place much if any emphasis on making things right, and 2. J&M is not that good sound quality wise. I have no doubt that they are very loud and crystal clear, and you have a market for that. Not everyone cares if the music sounds real, maybe they can't even tell but I do and I can. I'm not an audiophile, just never liked listening to music on a "transistor radio" that some speakers sound like.

I felt that you would have tried to help me if you felt your sound quality was good as your odds of selling me a system were pretty good. If you recall, all I asked you for was a single speaker, even a demo or one used in the shop or such so I could hear the sound quality.

But it's all good, I understand your position. I just held off ordering for a few days until I decided you weren't going to respond.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:19 PM
teester
Intermediate

Oh and I will listen whenever I get a chance which is all I wanted to do in the first place, just didn't want to get stuck with something. I might even switch if they sound good enough!

Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by teester
Well not so much John, I read nearly this entire thread and quite a few people feel that 1. You do not place much if any emphasis on making things right, and 2. J&M is not that good sound quality wise. I have no doubt that they are very loud and crystal clear, and you have a market for that. Not everyone cares if the music sounds real, maybe they can't even tell but I do and I can. I'm not an audiophile, just never liked listening to music on a "transistor radio" that some speakers sound like.

I felt that you would have tried to help me if you felt your sound quality was good as your odds of selling me a system were pretty good. If you recall, all I asked you for was a single speaker, even a demo or one used in the shop or such so I could hear the sound quality.

But it's all good, I understand your position. I just held off ordering for a few days until I decided you weren't going to respond.
So you come on here and bash a sponsor because he won't give you something for nothing...just to "try" them out...pretty unreasonable request, don't ya think??

John...I'll see you up in Laconia, NH, same spot?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
teester
Intermediate

Not bashing at all. Whether it's unreasonable or not depends on the individual.

I personally think it's unreasonable to expect someone pay several hundred dollars for something that the owner claims is "THE BEST performing speakers and amplifiers available for your Harley" yet you can't return it if it doesn't meet those lofty claims, or in the words of some, they "suck".

Some people may fork over the money sight unseen but I don't, especially after reading several comments about poor sound quality from some who have them. In my opinion that is stupid!

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w