Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
OKCFireMike
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JM John,
Sorry I mislead you on my bike - I have a 2011 CVO Streetglide and would like the lowers to be wired in like the rears on a ultra so the fader could be controlled to send more sound to the lowers - is that possible? and what do I have to do on my radio to enable the fader - is that something the HD dealer has to enable on the SG?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Shore ,,,,,

voice coil vents are on the rear of the speaker, around the Neodymium magnet ,,,, you can see them in the photo here ,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,

I will show them to you here at Bike Week when you come by the J&M trailer ,,,,,

OKC Firemike ,,,,,

new 500w 4-ch amp here http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....0HC06-UL&PF=45 ,,,,, and yes, when you install it on the Ultra, you will maintain the front/rear fader control on the stock HK radio ,,,,,,,

you can also connect into the front channels of this 500w amp ,,, to both the fairing speakers AND new J&M lowers speakers ,,,,,, while the rear speakers run off the amp's rear channels ,,,

DMore99 ,,,,,,

J&M 7.25" speakers for the LOWER front fairings, should be released by April 10th, 2011 ,,,,,
John i just received my 7.25s thursday and immediately began the install. The whole time my 20yr old son who has had numerous thumpin systems was laughing because i had gotten screwed out of 200 bucks. Quote "Dad i know what a good speaker looks like and that aint it!" I didn't say much i was just hoping he was wrong. Well, to a degree he was. They sound great with the bike not running, good bass, mids, and highs BUT the rear factory 5yr old speakers are louder. I was expecting a little more volume out of a speaker 2 inches bigger than stock. Granted they do sound a lot better than the factory speakers, i'm not so sure i made the right choice. I'm thinkin a set of 7.25 Kickers at half the price would have been a better choice. Maybe i can afford to sink another few bills in an amp soon. As they stand right now nobody who hears them are gonna want them.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

also disappointed in my 7.25

Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
23scum1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're gonna sound better than stock but to really get the blast out of em ya need an amp. In my opinion the bass once moving is going to be tuff to hear on anyone's bike unless perhaps it's a goldwing. Are there speakers that perhaps have lower bass I would think yes but most of the music you hear when traveling speeds even with those I doubt you hear much differance.
Most the time when in town 20 to 40 mph my 7.25 in front and 5.25 in rear work great and at those speeds the bass sounds OK but I don't have the system blasting (sort of embarassing). But on the highway when cranked doing 70 I hear lots of music and as much bass as any other system I would say that I've heard at those speeds.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM
dunnboyfl
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re use my 7.25 speaker covers

I already have the 7.25 JM speakers in my RoadGlide. They are painted to match my fairing. Does anyone know if I can reuse the covers if I want to go with the JM Rokker system.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

OKCfiremike,,,,,

yes ,,,on the 2011 CVO StreetGlide with the factory LOWER speakers, you can REMOVE the factory amp that is on top of the radio, and replace it with the J&M 4-ch 500w amp ,,,,

replace the fairing speakers and lower speaker assemblies with J&M 7.25's ,,,,,,

AND ,,, get the Harley rear speaker wire harness for the radio, have the radio reflashed and all put back together & wired properly and you would be ready to rock, that is for sure ,,,,

Coolerman ,,,,,,

are you using a J&M amplifier ? ,,,, if not, you want to use the standard J&M 7.25" J&M speaker kit, as they are more efficient with the power available from the stock radio ,,,,,, the ROKKER series is specifically made to be used with an external amplifier ,,,,

RJMAC53 ,,,,,,,

please tell me about your disappointment ,,,,, the J&M 7.25's are THE loudest & most efficient speakers you can buy for your Harley, with or without an amplifier ,,,,,

dunboyfl,,,,,,

the grills included with the J&M ROKKER series speakers, have a more powerful midrange and tweeter driver ,,,,, and rely upon the passive crossover network on the ROKKER speaker to separate the sounds from main line, and distribute them to the grill mounted tweeter and mid ,,,,,,

the grills you have, will not plug into the ROKKER series main speaker ,,,,,,

very sorry for this confusion ,,,,,

Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
dunnboyfl
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
OKCfiremike,,,,,

yes ,,,on the 2011 CVO StreetGlide with the factory LOWER speakers, you can REMOVE the factory amp that is on top of the radio, and replace it with the J&M 4-ch 500w amp ,,,,

replace the fairing speakers and lower speaker assemblies with J&M 7.25's ,,,,,,

AND ,,, get the Harley rear speaker wire harness for the radio, have the radio reflashed and all put back together & wired properly and you would be ready to rock, that is for sure ,,,,

Coolerman ,,,,,,

are you using a J&M amplifier ? ,,,, if not, you want to use the standard J&M 7.25" J&M speaker kit, as they are more efficient with the power available from the stock radio ,,,,,, the ROKKER series is specifically made to be used with an external amplifier ,,,,

RJMAC53 ,,,,,,,

please tell me about your disappointment ,,,,, the J&M 7.25's are THE loudest & most efficient speakers you can buy for your Harley, with or without an amplifier ,,,,,

dunboyfl,,,,,,

the grills included with the J&M ROKKER series speakers, have a more powerful midrange and tweeter driver ,,,,, and rely upon the passive crossover network on the ROKKER speaker to separate the sounds from main line, and distribute them to the grill mounted tweeter and mid ,,,,,,

the grills you have, will not plug into the ROKKER series main speaker ,,,,,,

very sorry for this confusion ,,,,,
JMJOHN, What would you suggest for me with my setup. I currently have JM 7.25 on my 2011 RG, I would like to have it a little louder for high speeds and a little more on the low end. I dont have an amp. I will be in daytona next week. Any input would be appriciated

Old 03-06-2011, 06:07 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

dunnboyfl ,,,,

adding our 250w amp kit to your existing J&M 7.25" fairing speakers will give you even more volume, bass and clarity on the highway ,,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....-250HR06&PF=44 ,,,,

come by our trailer at Bike Week and I can show you the difference between one of our baggers WITH an amp, and one without an amp, both equipped with J&M 7.25" speakers ,,,,,

Shore ,,,,,,

do you know which day this week you will stop by the J&M trailer with your bike for our sound comparison test ? ,,,

Old 03-06-2011, 06:25 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ain't that some crap. I just bought some JM 7.25 late Jan early fen and installed now I see this about a more powerful one made for use with amp. That's what I want since I have an amp. Why wasn't this info put out when I bought the regulars.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 AM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the spec for the 7.25? I found the watts posted on the site.

but not the.

Frequency response

Sensitivity

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w