Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Eric Moore
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks JMJOHN... I was thinking on the same thing with the tweaters..will I still be able to hear the tweaters if I go with the rocker amp & speakers? I do my own installs & all my bikie work,,but thanks... I'll check out your specials @ daytona.,. I may just go with the amp to if I can swing the cost.. thanks for your advice,,

Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John ,

What is your schedule for the remainder of 2011 ???

Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 AM
captdave221
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Rokkers Installed

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Capt Dave ,,,,

absolutely ,,, the speaker size increase alone when switching to the J&M 7.25" ROKKER series speakers will increase the amount and volume of sound that reaches your ears, when riding on the highway ,,,,,,

get a pair of THESE http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,,, you will hear the difference the minute you get them installed ,,,,

The Harley amplifier is also a pretty good amp, and is a significant improvement over what is available from the stock HK radio ,,,,,, it will drive the J&M ROKKER series speakers very well and you will appreciate the increase in both audio volume and fidelity ,,,,
Well I installed the new Rokker 7.25 kit as John suggested. He was absolutely correct. I love it. I already had the HD amp and it works with the speaker upgrade. Wish I had got these instead of the HD Boom speakers in the first place. Need bigger boxes on the tour pack so 7.25's would fit there too! LOL

Thanks for the advice from another happy J&M customer.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Eric Moore
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

how many watts is the HD boom system amp... is it more powerfull than the hog tunes amp ..I think the hog tunes is 32 watts.. per channel.. I'm just tring to get a idea on how well my hog tunes amp might work withthe j&m speakers..

Old 09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
jmr1971
Tourer

Ok, think I'm leaning toward adding the Rokker speakers to my new 2011 FLHTK. Where can I get the best price? I see an ebay listing for $253.50 "buy it now" for the 7.25 Rokkers (free shipping) and with my J&P gold membership I can get the rears for $152.99. Might have to wait on the amp or get a diff brand that's not quite as spendy. I am active duty military currently serving overseas, so I have an APO address. Thanks!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM
captdave221
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Eric Moore
how many watts is the HD boom system amp... is it more powerfull than the hog tunes amp ..I think the hog tunes is 32 watts.. per channel.. I'm just tring to get a idea on how well my hog tunes amp might work withthe j&m speakers..
According to the H-D website the amp has 40 watts per channel.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:29 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Eric ,,,,

yes sir ,,, you will still be able to hear all of the tweeters ,,,, even the ones on the bar ,,,,

I "THINK" the Harley amps are about 40w RMS continuous per channel, the J&Ms are 125w RMS continuous per channel ,,,,

Glacierpearl ,,,,

leaving next Monday for StreetVibrations in RENO ,,, then on to Bikes, Blues & Barbeques in AR ,,, BIKETOBERFEST in Daytona Beach FL after that and wind up the season for the big J&M audio trailer with the LONE STAR Rally in Galveston TX ,,,, J&M trade show schedule @ ,, http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/tradeshows.htm ,,,,

Capt Dave ,,,,

thank you for the good words and your business ,,,, and thanks for the confirmation on the power of the Harley amps ,,,

JMR1971 ,,,,,

eBay can be a bit scary sometimes to purchase from, but I would certainly give Dr-VTwin, Eastern Performance or Phat Performance parts a try, just to name a few of the great J&M dealers across the USA ,,,,

Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 AM
jmr1971
Tourer

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
JMR1971 ,,,,,

eBay can be a bit scary sometimes to purchase from, but I would certainly give Dr-VTwin, Eastern Performance or Phat Performance parts a try, just to name a few of the great J&M dealers across the USA ,,,,
Thanks. I'm a well versed ebay user, both on the buyer and seller end of the deal. Any problems I've had have always been from a buyer, but I fully realize it's never a risk-free venture.

I appreciate the info and will check out those dealers....a quick couple of mouseclicks shows $279 for the 7.25 rokkers at Phat Performance but I don't see the rear speakers listed.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jmr1971
Thanks. I'm a well versed ebay user, both on the buyer and seller end of the deal. Any problems I've had have always been from a buyer, but I fully realize it's never a risk-free venture.

I appreciate the info and will check out those dealers....a quick couple of mouseclicks shows $279 for the 7.25 rokkers at Phat Performance but I don't see the rear speakers listed.
Give us a call. We price match and have front and rears in stock and can ship worldwide with either FEDEX or USPS. We also stock the amps if you need one of those too. We also offer tech support after the fact as we do install everything we sell in-house.

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
jmr1971
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Give us a call. We price match and have front and rears in stock and can ship worldwide with either FEDEX or USPS. We also stock the amps if you need one of those too. We also offer tech support after the fact as we do install everything we sell in-house.

Thanks!

Shawn
Ok, I will. I went ahead and ordered the speakers -- front and back -- thru eastern performance, but I'll see what kind of deal we can work on an amp.

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w