Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Wish I could hear these rokkers I have a amp and JM 7.25 it was good at first but now seems like something is missing. I am going to ditch the Harley HK head unit and re visit my speakers. My problem is already spent 250 first time and now thinking about another 279 for rokkers Makes me think I should of looked at a Image dynamics or Focals in the 529 price range.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Sam ,,,,

we compared the $500+ FOCAL's to the J&M $350.00 ROKKERS at the Laughlin River Run ,,,, same amplifier used for comparison ,,,

a California rider had gone over to the DragonFly trailer to have the FOCAL's installed, supposed to be the best they had, then he drove over to the J&M trailer, we slid in our demo CD, everyone listened, then the J&M ROKKERs were installed in place of the FOCAL's ,,,,,

significant change for the better with the J&M ROKKER series 7.25" speakers ,,,,

send a private email to me at John@Jmcorp.com ,,, and i will help you get this done ,,,,

Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

John,

Well I found some coins in the couch and I am tired of my wife's SG with the standard 7.25s without amp out dueling me so I am going to swap out my Hogtunes 5.25s for some J & M 7.25s. The question is I have the Hogtunes amp at 32 watt RMS installed and I can't swing an amp up grade. Will the Rokker with that amp give me more than the normal 7.25 with that amp?

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by RedDogNC; 05-10-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
vjtaz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Harley Davidson 2011 Road Glide Custom Limited Audio System

John,

Good day I am the proud owner of a new 2011 Road Glide Custom Limited 103” and have been looking at upgrading my audio solution. I have been looking at Hawg Wired, Paul Yaffe and now interested in what you have to offer.

I enjoy listening to Hip Hop, Rap, Rock and New Wave. I like BASE and want to have something which I can listen to while parked but able to understand the music while on the freeway.

I will be installing the following pipes with 255 Cams and Arlen Ness Big Sucker.

46757 - Fits 95-2011 Touring
HI-OUTPUT Slip-Ons Black
46771 - Fits 2010-11 Touring
Dresser Duals BLACK

I have been evaluating your ROKKER Speakers and Amps.

I am purchasing lowers to install speakers into and want to replace my stock fairing speakers and included an amp to drive the system. I will be keeping the HK Harley Head Unit.

I see that you will be at Street Vibes in Reno 2011; will you be doing installs at that time? How much is the installation and do you recommend me having the system installed at the event or by someone locally who will be able to put the time into a clean install?

Do you have anyone in the San Jose, Fremont CA area who will install your products?

If I wait until Street Vibes will you be giving any discount for Show Install and Purchase? Could I possibly get that discount now if I install sooner than later.

How does your system differ from Hawg Wired and Paul Yaffe? Hawg Wired is located in Newark, CA right next door to Fremont CA.

Thank you for any input in helping me make the right decision as this will be an investment into a nice audio system for my Road Glide.

Lastly, are you anticipating any new product releases up until Street Vibes 2011?

Thanks Again,

Joel Kennison

Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

vjtaz ,,,,,

details on the J&M 500w 4-channel amplifier for your RoadGlide fairing are here: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....0HR06-RC&PF=45 ,,,,

the J&M 7.25" ROKKER series speaker kit for your LOWER fairing position here: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,,,

the J&M 7.25" ROKKER series speaker kit for your UPPER fairing position here: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,,

during StreetVibrations in Reno, we will be set up at Reno Harley Davidson with full service, sales and installation ,,,,,

Dr V-twin and Phat Performance are two very good California based J&M master dealers and both support hdforums ,,,,, with Dr V-twin possibly having an edge in the actual installation experience for the J&M product line for Harley Baggers ,,,,

Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
WarBootie
Tourer

Just some FYI. On RG 11
I purchase the 7.25" Rokker series with 250watt amp. Total plug and play. The hardest part was getting the fairing back on... enter wife.

Statically in the garage.. holy ****. very nice. loud as hell and very clear.

At speed, 60-70, good to go. I have a 9" long rider shield, and I am 6' tall.

At 80 you can still dig the tunes, however at some point you cannot help but to be effected by the wind.

The set up is great. The only negative that I can think of is that the Auto DB/volume appears to be a big notchy. not as smoothly incremented as the OEM. This should not be a cause of the amp, as the amp is FIFO. It is not bad, but if I had to bitch about something, that would be it, which isn't an issue.
I amp putting on 2-1 V&H this weekend, sooooo, we'll see then, but it should be fine.

I purchased from DR. Vtwin. good customer service.

i would give the setup a 4.5.

If anyone is San D wants a second hand installing these let me know. I am off for the summer, your responsible for your own paint.

Last edited by WarBootie; 05-18-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: I suck
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The volume control is in the head unit preamp section, not the amplifier.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

remember also that the fairing is the BEST acoustical position on the front of the bike for speakers,,,,, BatWing or RoadGlide ,,,,

no matter which speakers you add to the LOWER fairing position, they will NOT have the bass response and overall sound pressure, that is available from the upper fairing position ,,,,

the special "angle-up" design of the J&M ROKKER 7.25" speakers in the LOWER fairing position, will however, add quite a bit of additional sound for your enjoyment at high-speeds on the highway ,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....252GTM-T&PF=45 ,,,,

Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Dawolf
6th Gear
Default What can you recommend

John,

I just ordered the 7.25 Rokkers for my 2006 FLHTCUSE. As you know, the CVO has an external amp. What do you think of this amp, and also I am considering upgrading to use the Lowers as well.

With the Harley extra amp in mind, what setup would you recommend. (I am also going to replace the rears as well.

Also more importantly, since I it has the external amp outside the fairing, is there a good plug and play setup? Or will I have to cannibalize everything.

I have also been toying with a new radio since my HK has bitten the dust right now. I was going to send it out to Iron Cross to have it rebuilt, but for 250, I am rethinking it.

Got any recommendations? I used to own a car stereo shop about 15 years ago and did some crazy systems back in the day, but I am a little limited in how much I want to wire up etc....

Appreciate everyone's advice.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

dawolf ,,,,

first thing I would do would be to send your Harley HK radio off to Iron cross audio and have it repaired/updated ,,,,

then I would replace all four of your speakers with the J&M ROKKER series and have them run off the stock Harley 4-ch amp, (which is a decent amp by the way, just not as powerful as the J&M amps))

you WILL hear a very substantial improvement with the speaker change alone ,,,,

THEN if you want to install J&M 7.25" speakers in the LOWERS ,,, you would run the lower speakers off the front channels of the HARLEY amp, install the J&M 250w 2-ch amp in the fairing, and run the fairing speakers off the new J&M amp ,,,,,

at that point you will have one of the most impressive audio systems around on your Ultra ,,,

the wiring harness integrity of your CVO would be maintained as well as the front/rear fader capability of your audio system ,,,

Quick Reply: NEW J&M 7.25" ROKKER Speaker kit 170w