Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel chock for garage.?.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 AM
jeff137
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Front wheel chock for garage.?.

Space in our garage it tight. If I can store the new Street Glide standing straight up it might fit in front of our Accord. (There's no way it's fitting in front of the Tahoe.) When I place the bike on its kick stand and it leans over there is only about a centimeter of clearance in order to get the bike and car in and still close the garage door. So, I need a way to keep the bike standing straight up.

I've seen the front wheel chocks on the net. You just roll the front wheel in and it holds the bike up. It seems there are various types and they all claim to be the best. I need your advice on what brand you have used and how well they work. I want one that works as they claim, just push the front wheel in and it is secure with no other straps, etc and also don't have to bolt the stand to the garage floor.

Thoughts?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What about an EZ-up center stand for your bike?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 AM
thecort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have one myself but I always hear & see the ones made by Condor. They seem really good. Been thinking of getting one myself.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like an awkward setup putting the bike in a wheel chock in front of the Honda. I would invest in a hyd. Jack. The handle is removable and when you want to get the bike out, you wouldn't have to move both Cars. I would leave the Honda in the Driveway or build a shed to keep the bike in myself. just saying!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,954 Likes on 19,385 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff137
Space in our garage it tight. If I can store the new Street Glide standing straight up it might fit in front of our Accord. (There's no way it's fitting in front of the Tahoe.) When I place the bike on its kick stand and it leans over there is only about a centimeter of clearance in order to get the bike and car in and still close the garage door. So, I need a way to keep the bike standing straight up.

I've seen the front wheel chocks on the net. You just roll the front wheel in and it holds the bike up. It seems there are various types and they all claim to be the best. I need your advice on what brand you have used and how well they work. I want one that works as they claim, just push the front wheel in and it is secure with no other straps, etc and also don't have to bolt the stand to the garage floor.

Thoughts?
Check out a Wheel Dock Center Stand. It mounts underneath the bike and the lever to operate is easily reachable while you are either standing or sitting on the bike. It is even easier to install thatn the video on their page shows. It literally took ten minutes to mount. Excellent fit and finish. It positions the bike straight up. Your passenger can on the bike with it sitting in the upright position even before you do. You can ride right off the stand if you want to. It also makes it very easy to clean and work on the bike and if you are fueling you can fillit right up. I love mine. I had the Harley one that mounts at the base of the front down tubes on my last bagger and the Wheel Dock works even better. I'd never be without one again. here is a link to their site. They were very helpful. I should note that I've been riding for @45 years and this has to be one of the best upgrades I've ever made to a HD.
http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml

Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really like my Condor , Make sure you put your jiffy / kick stand down if you do not use straps...after 2 weeks my bike setlled to one side thank goodness it was towards the jiffy..........

I use straps for looong sits now......

http://shop.ebay.com/items/condor%20..._dmd=1&_sop=12

Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
What about an EZ-up center stand for your bike?
I think that's a good idea!

FWIW....I used the Harbor Freight chock all the time for routine service and such:

Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,280 Likes on 1,317 Posts

My jack also has a wheel around dolly that you can put under the bike. I've put the sporty in some pretty tight places at the old house on that dolly.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 AM
WIKD1
Cruiser

I use the HB one also. Cheap and works well. Only problem I sometimes have is getting the bike out since I don't have it mounted to the floor.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced

Quick Reply: Front wheel chock for garage.?.