Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel chock for garage.?.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
TimBone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
misput
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default For the handyman

If you just want your sporty to stand strait up, just measure the widest part of your tire/wheel. Mine is 4". I used 2' X 4' X 3/4" plywood that I already had, 2' X 2' would work. Cut 8 pieces of 2" X 4" X 18" and attach 4 pieces to plywood on each side of wheel, make sure they are touching the wheel/tire on each side with bike standing strait up. Bevel the ends a couple inches on the end you are going to push your bike into----wala, your bike will stand strait up alone! If you really want to make it strong attach a 2" X 4" X 2' vertical on each side of the tire/wheel at each end of the two stacks of flat 2 x 4s and angle a 2 X 4 brace back down to the plywood. Cut out a semi circle on the left hand upright to clear the break rooter. You can then use a small jack on rear portion of frame to raise the rear of the bike to remove or work on rear wheel or place a block under rear tire and remove jack to give more room to change oil or whatever. To take the front wheel off, take the vertical and angle 2X4s off and move one set of flat 2 bys over to the width of your rear wheel/tire, back your bike into them and jack up the front part of frame. Using drywall screws instead of nails makes it easy to change front to rear stand. If you send me your e-mail I will send you pictures, jimmollie@hotmail.com

Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Check out a Wheel Dock Center Stand. It mounts underneath the bike and the lever to operate is easily reachable while you are either standing or sitting on the bike. It is even easier to install thatn the video on their page shows. It literally took ten minutes to mount. Excellent fit and finish. It positions the bike straight up. Your passenger can on the bike with it sitting in the upright position even before you do. You can ride right off the stand if you want to. It also makes it very easy to clean and work on the bike and if you are fueling you can fillit right up. I love mine. I had the Harley one that mounts at the base of the front down tubes on my last bagger and the Wheel Dock works even better. I'd never be without one again. here is a link to their site. They were very helpful. I should note that I've been riding for @45 years and this has to be one of the best upgrades I've ever made to a HD.
http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml
I agree, I've used their stand for almost three years...works like a charm. Really helps in over 90 degree heat when parking on softer black top parking lots as well. The bikes weight is spread out over the greater surface area of the center stans double platform