Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel chock for garage.?.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what you describe, the center-stand is probably a very smart move. Especially that your bike will be left-to-right instead of straight in. I have the Wheel Dock (3 of them) and it's the only way we're getting all the bikes in one garage. Well, nowadays the center bike gets parked on the lift, but still.

Only problem with the Wheel Dock is the cheesy way the release lever is fastened to the unit and that it often gets jammed behind the mechanism. It's not adjustable for size other than to slip in some spacers for narrower tires. Oh, wait, the MAJOR problem with it is the edges of the metal that were cut before the welding. The manufacturer, for some really stupid reason, did not de-bur any of the edges. I have the scars on my legs to prove it! Should you happen to walk by the unit and it hits you, it will slice you open. Other than the cheesy release lever and the leg slicing sharp metal edges, it's the easiest out there to use. I've devised fixes for issues, but implemented them yet. Remember, I need to fix three!

Or............................ buy a house with a bigger garage and forget the center stand. You can lay claim to most expensive upgrade for your ride!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
crackercap
Road Master

I have used a center stand for scoot for some time, really saves on space. I would think this would better suited for you, especially if you have limited space.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I would love to put a center stand on my '06 SG but I have a True track installed and the center stand will not work in that situation.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master

Those of you that have the harbor freight, if the chock is not mounted to the floor, how the hell do you get your bike out? Unless I put one of my car ramps up against the chock and kick off with my foot i pull the chock across the garage.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
VTX03R-GoSooners
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on HarborFreights

Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Although pricey at $249, Harley just introduced a new wheel chock:

http://*******.com/4p8csta

Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
bstepHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same tight fit garage scenario and store my steet glide on a jack. Initially thought it would be a real PITA but actually I can just roll it out and spin it around 180º let it down and ride it out. The casters on the jack allow me to push it right up against the wall.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I've got a Condor, the trailer mount type it works great. don't know if garage model needs to be secured to floor or not.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
BuzzHD
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

get the condor. you can just set it on the ground ride the bike onto it. get off the bike and let go. it's that simple... you may need help backing the bike off of it but if thats all it's used for ide thunderbolt it to the floor..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bstepHD
I have the same tight fit garage scenario and store my steet glide on a jack. Initially thought it would be a real PITA but actually I can just roll it out and spin it around 180º let it down and ride it out. The casters on the jack allow me to push it right up against the wall.
This sounds like a no-Brainer to me. The way the OP described his setup, I would think a center stand or wheel chock would still be a PIA! He has to move both Cars to get the bike out. A jack would IMO be his best option. I can move my bike anywhere in the garage without it touching the floor. Luckily I'm not cramped like he is, but I can turn mine around on the jack and drive right out. Don't have to back up. Simple!!!

Quick Reply: Front wheel chock for garage.?.