Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD LED Taillight

I have been conteemplating the addition of an LED Taillight. Been looking at the BAL-1 (I like it), but have also seen the HD LED light. It says it has 20 LEDs. Does anyone have this? Do they like it?

Thanks for the replies.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got it. It's brighter than the stock one and looks good.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm thinking of going with the HD led brake light as well. I know there are brighter alternatives out there but I do quite a bit of night riding on mountain roads and something too bright would annoy the heck out of my friends riding behind me.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Bal1

I have the BAL1 and it is definitely bright. It also is adjustable, comes with a magnet that you hold up to the lens to change from one setting to another. Very fast to do. Of the settings, some are street legal, some are for parade use, and others are just to keep people from driving too close. There are patterns available, like three flashes then steady, which is what I am running right now, and I especially like it when some car gets too close, I just keep the throttle constant, and slightly hit the brake to activate the light, and those cars back off. I would say, from a saftey standpoint, they are the way to go. Thanks for you service.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Hey,have you checked the D2Moto one?It doesn't look bad and it's inexpensive.Have no idea about the quality but looks interesting.Ciao

Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

CustomDynamics supplies a GREAT product and at a very good price.

Do yourself a favour and check out their website.

Ride In Peace

Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by t059736
CustomDynamics supplies a GREAT product and at a very good price.

Do yourself a favour and check out their website.

Ride In Peace

I have looked at the Genesis II light, but it says on their web site they are non-DOT approved.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I'm thinking of going with the HD led brake light as well. I know there are brighter alternatives out there but I do quite a bit of night riding on mountain roads and something too bright would annoy the heck out of my friends riding behind me.

I also do quite a bit of night riding, you state a good point. I am also one for having everything the same. I just ordered the LED pancake replacements, they would all go good together.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
I have the BAL1 and it is definitely bright. It also is adjustable, comes with a magnet that you hold up to the lens to change from one setting to another. Very fast to do. Of the settings, some are street legal, some are for parade use, and others are just to keep people from driving too close. There are patterns available, like three flashes then steady, which is what I am running right now, and I especially like it when some car gets too close, I just keep the throttle constant, and slightly hit the brake to activate the light, and those cars back off. I would say, from a saftey standpoint, they are the way to go. Thanks for you service.

I do like the flashing as a warning. My only concern is, I have not ridden in the US in three years. Over that time, I have read a lot about road rage and what not. When you flash your brake lights, do people back off or does it just **** them off? I will have a little bit of reintegrating when I return this summer.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Not sure either

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I do like the flashing as a warning. My only concern is, I have not ridden in the US in three years. Over that time, I have read a lot about road rage and what not. When you flash your brake lights, do people back off or does it just **** them off? I will have a little bit of reintegrating when I return this summer.
OBTW, I forgot to mention that most of the settings on the BAL1 light are DOT approved, so you can adjust accordingly.

I have not had anyone come up and flip me off if that's what you mean. Every time I have flashed them, it seems to refocus their driving on me instead of 30 feet in front of me.

You can't go wrong with the BAL1. Thanks

Quick Reply: HD LED Taillight