Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I do like the flashing as a warning. My only concern is, I have not ridden in the US in three years. Over that time, I have read a lot about road rage and what not. When you flash your brake lights, do people back off or does it just **** them off? I will have a little bit of reintegrating when I return this summer.
I have the BAL2, it's on the 'medium' setting and flash. I have not incurred anyone getting pissed at the flashing, but then again I don't take a census either. Mine flashes 3 times then turns solid.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the HD LED unit. It works good. I also have an LED bar on my tour-pak. Pics are in the photo bucket link.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
drz400222
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm extremly happy with my laydown smoked LED from Kuryakyn

Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I had the Kury Red LED laydown tail light on my 06 standard.I always liked the style of it but,I didn't think the brake function was very bright on it.On my 09 Classic I have the LED Tail light and HD LED red pancake signal lights.I'm very impressed with the operation and intensity of this combo.There is a big difference in intensity of the run mode and brake mode.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
cuervo_07
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was on the same boat, I couldn't make up my mind on which taillight I wanted between the HD one and the BAL-1.
I finally pulled the trigger and got the BAL-1. I'm happy with my decision because of all the mode settings it has, from brightness to strobe patterns.
Just figured I'd pitch in my .02 cents. Hope this helps.

Cuervo

Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
TexasJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for the BAL-1. I will freely admit to being "challenged: when it comes to bring anything that even remotely resembles a took near my bike. I would much rather ride it than put myself through the frustration of having to wrench on it. I know a lot of guys love that....I on the other hand am not one of them. But I love to ride!

I order the BAL-1 and installed it on my bike, in a suit between business meetings and it is VERY cool. It's VERY bright and has a lot of patterns, some of which are DOT approved, others are not. I use a pattern that flashes briefly then goes solid. BRIGHT solid.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
ftzoid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattman22033
I have the HD LED unit. It works good. I also have an LED bar on my tour-pak. Pics are in the photo bucket link.
I checked out your photo's; thanks. Really like your LED bar on your tour pak. Where did you pick that up at? Does it also function as a brake light? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i have my bal set on the brightest tail light, and the brightest flashing brake light. it's annoying as hell to those who feel the need to tailgate. that's the intention of it. i figure that if it keeps one 23 year old kid who's text messaging off my tail at a stop light, then it's worth pissing off those who feel they need to follow too closely. i have the bal that costs around 200 bucks, and there's an even crazier one that bal makes for more money. mine works great. my next bike will have one if i ever trade off my current ride.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Frank Smith
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

i looked at the LED lights in the MOCO wish book and boy are they expensive. never thought of how annoying it would be for folks behind me at night so I'm gonna hold off for now until I can see one in action.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great info. I will be purchasing a BAL-1 when I return to the states. I talked to a couple Italian friends who are Carabinieri (national cops), they said that when traveling outside my area, it would bring attention to me, meaning I would get pulled over, they are pretty cranky about flashing lights on non-official vehicles. Anyway, long story short, the HD light is only $109 through Zanottis, they were nice enough to add it to my current order, so no extra shipping. As I said, when I get back to the states, I will pull the trigger on it. I am lucky, I can sell the taillight I just bought to a buddy when I leave, that way, it won't seem like a $200 part to my wife.

Thanks again everyone.

Quick Reply: HD LED Taillight