Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakyn collossus

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not for me, but they dont look to bad if you like that stuff

Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I saw one in person some months back and was stunned at how awful it looked IMO. To be fair, the tour pak had every other piece of optional chrome Kury sells for the tour pak, including chrome dodads attached to the lid and sides.

If you're a chrome junky, Kury has just what you need for chroming out the tour pak.

Carl

PS: It reminded me of some of the styling that came out Japanese auto design in the '60's and the American auto industry in the '50's.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I know Kuryakyn gets a lot of hate on this site, but if you look past some of the gaudier stuff they do have some pretty cool items. I have never used any footpegs but Kuryakyn and have always been real pleased with them. I have always used their air cleaners too when I go aftermarket because, in my opinion, they make some very good looking a/c's. If you are looking for a chrome item to dress up some part of your bike, Kuryakyn probably has it. And they have pretty damn good customer service too.

Also, some of Harley Davidson's accessory parts are actually made by Kuryakyn. Not as many as in the past, but a few still are.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:40 PM
wwceaton
Advanced

I put one on my limited after many hours of undisided fustration because i wanted to see one in person first. All i can tell you is it looks great and i made a smart move, No negitive feed back from anyone and i do get complements from other riders i see.
This is the only chrome i will put on the rack as i do not want to over do it with all the other stuff they offer.
Before you ask i do not have a picture of it on my bike and cant get to it for another month, dam this snow..

Old 02-28-2011, 01:27 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kury sometimes takes it overboard. Like they don't know when to stop. Next they are going to have chrome fuzzy dice or something.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HD makes a piece a little less guady, I am not sold on the kury piece. It is too big and looks bad for the bike. It is a very expensive piece to boot. I wonder if it is actual metal or plastic. Whether it is HD or Kury I hate anything that is made of plastic. I know there is a lot of plastic already on my bike, but Stick on plastic parts on a bike of this caliber??? I guess in some cases they look good but I dont get it and I do not like them. I will spend the extra bucks for the part or not buy it. If you like it get it, but if I wanted more plastic parts I would have kept my goldwing. JMO

Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

Looks like it belongs on a Goldwing.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did I mention this is exactly why I ride a RKC. Looks like a bike for pimps.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:34 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I think thats standard on a Wing...jus saying

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hard to believe that you chrome loving, lemon pledge shining, do-dad junkies don't all have one of those...let alone would bad-mouth someone else's choice of accessories!! if it came stock on the ultra, you would be calling kuryakin a copycat of a great american classic. JMO

Quick Reply: kuryakyn collossus