Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto/Dynojet Power Vision Just Arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papifun
Anyone from Canada order the PV, PCV or anything from Fuel Moto ? I am wondering what the Duty and Tax fee's will be if sent to Canada (quebec) or i will have to arrange it ti be shipped to US somewhere.
If it's made in North America there is no duty, only taxes. Jamie or anybody that owns one should know where its made....I think I need one of these too.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says (Assembled in the USA) on the back if that helps.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM
izzle22
Advanced
Default Question

Don't mean to jack this thread but I have a question. I have a 2002 Road King standard purchased last year which came with exhaust already installed (wild pig slash downs) stock air cleaner and from what I was told by the original owner it was tuned for the new exhaust. Now if I want a new stage 1 air cleaner, new exhaust (jackpots i think) and the Power Vision, is it possible and how hard to install and program if it is possible? Bike is injected by the way. Thanks for any help. Oh and what would this set up cost?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by izzle22
Don't mean to jack this thread but I have a question. I have a 2002 Road King standard purchased last year which came with exhaust already installed (wild pig slash downs) stock air cleaner and from what I was told by the original owner it was tuned for the new exhaust. Now if I want a new stage 1 air cleaner, new exhaust (jackpots i think) and the Power Vision, is it possible and how hard to install and program if it is possible? Bike is injected by the way. Thanks for any help. Oh and what would this set up cost?
The 2002-07 bikes (cable throttle) can import PCIII and PCV maps into the VE tables. Since FM has a large volume of maps for that genre of bikes you should be able to have them install a proper tune for your setup when you purchase the PV. You'd then only need to flash the ECU once the PV is connected. Another option would be a PCV instead of the PV, and which is best for you should be discussed with FM, as they'll give no-BS advise.

Last edited by iclick; 02-28-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:48 PM
viczena
Stage IV

How are they able to load PCIII or PCV Maps into VE-Table? More or less the only thing they really could achive is loading the data into the AFR table. And to achive this they have to convert them. PC Maps are not at all as complex as ECU Maps. So what do I really load?

What about other cams? Idle RPM? CLB Tables? I dont get any information about the Windows software. And what kind of data is editible with it...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by viczena
How are they able to load PCIII or PCV Maps into VE-Table? More or less the only thing they really could achive is loading the data into the AFR table. And to achive this they have to convert them. PC Maps are not at all as complex as ECU Maps. So what do I really load?
A PC simply takes the signal from the ECM and alters it according to your specifications. That alteration is predictable and you can import the PC map into the ECM tune using the function built into the PV software. I don't know exactly what tables are affected, but the VE tables are. On older bikes ('08 and earlier I believe) can import PC maps, but later models that work on airflow instead of Alpha-N cannot.

I did some direct comparisons of the stock ECM tune and the one after doing the PC import. The VE as well as the AFR tables were changed, but the values of the VE tables weren't always linear. IOW, an 80 in the VE table and a 10 in the PC table in the same location might not produce the result of 90 after performing the import function. I just assume DJ knows what they're doing, but I can say the bike runs as well now as it did with the PCV-AT, which is exactly what I expected.

What about other cams? Idle RPM? CLB Tables? I dont get any information about the Windows software. And what kind of data is editible with it...
If you want to venture over to the Tuner/ECM section you'll see a sticky on the PV. It's a thread for PV owners and many of your questions may already be answered there. If not, ask away and someone will likely have the answer. Jamie at Fuel Moto says he checks that thread once every day.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:12 PM
smithr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Vision problem??

Just received the Power Vision, FM Stage 1 air cleaner, Rush with 2" baffles, (waiting on Fuel Moto's Jackpot ceramic coated headpipe) and installed everything, flashed the ecm, started bike, sounds good even with the cat still hanging in there. Here's the problem....loaded the PV software on my computer, running Windows XP, 2002,32-bit version. Hook up PV to my computer...it is not recognized. Checked for updates, uninstalled software, re-installed software, same thing. Was on the phone with Dyno-Jet with a man named Dan, very nice, really tried to help me. We tried different USB ports, updates, etc. Tried a new mini-usb, same thing. WinPV says Power Vision found, cannot connect. Reboot, same thing. Dyno-Jet wants me to try another computer (which I can't do until next week) and if that doesn't work, I have to send it back. All of the USBs on my computer will recognize ipods, phones, external hard drives, etc. It just will not show up on the "My Computer" screen along with all of the other drives. Anybody have this problem? The screen on the Power Vision says "PC Link Mode Active" and the computer will say "New Hardware Found, Power Vision COM4". What's up? Jr.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought the whole deal except for the slips from Fuel Moto I got: S&S Slips from Klocks. Everthing else: cams woods 555 cams with the push rods, PCV with ceramic headers and fuel moto air, cant wiat to get home and try it.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

All you guys with new PV's come on over to the PV sticky thread here.