Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road King Classic - FLHRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 AM
passae
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ad3333
Hello everyone,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger and buying the 2011 FLHRC, this will be my first bike and long-time dream. Financially, the timing works out and I've been considering this decision for a year. Does anyone have buyer's remorse or is there any reason I shouldn't go for it?? Your feedback is greatly appreciated...

T.

BUY the bike today. I got a 2011 FLHRC a month ago. Simply awesome. I upgraded from a 2009 Fat Boy. No comparison. The 96 ci engine is not in the same ballpark. Brakes are way better and the ride is so nice.

The RKC is so flexible with a quick detach windshield that you have the best looking cruiser in the line up in seconds.

If you can afford to do a stage 1 now.... The 103 with a stage 1 really opens it up. Again, there is no comparison between the 96 and the 103.

Good luck....buy it and never look back.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Liked my 08 so much we upgraded Momma to a low mile 07 Classic last April. Of course the windshields pop off for around town. I have mine set-up with Tourpak or backrest or my solo seat. Hers just the backrest.

Extremely versatile and I am just not a "tunes" guy, would be hard to find a better bike for us. How much better can it get then cruising old Route 66 in the west on a RKC?

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Road King Classic - FLHRC-wo-508-to-518-001.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just went back to a RKC from a SG. Missed the RK bad, enough said.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ad3333
Wow, sportbikes to a big hog, how do you like the transition?
I won't ever go back. I've always wanted a Harley, after a couple bikes and maybe 10k miles on inline 4's I finally jumped ship and love it. Only complaint is the lack of freeway power. They're geared really short so it's fun to bang through the gears, but at 80mph the power is adequate, not breathtaking.

I wanted a softail, but after riding them back to back, and weighing the pros/cons of all of them, I went with the touring frame and couldn't be happier.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery of a 2011 RKC two weeks ago. Previously I had a sporty and a Heritage softail. I was a bit worried because I bought it without riding one (it is winter here) but the looks made me do it. I got a chance to drive it last week and Wow! Handles like a dream. No remorse. Do it!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:04 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My neighbor has owned more HD's than I can count. EGs dynas sportys. When I brought my 08 RKC home he walked over looked it up and down and said, "I'm jealous, yours is prettier than mine" He rides an 08 also and says he likes it better than any other bike he has owned or ridden. The first time I rode his I knew that a RKC would be the last bike I would buy. You won't regret your purchase Pull the trigger

Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Palau
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased my '09 RKC in '10 (used). I'm loving it ever since - no regrets . Put ~11k miles in the 1 year of ownership, and plan to put on many more.

To each their own on which HD; but for me it is the RKC.

+1 on renting one for a day before the purchase
+1 on purchasing a jack for cleaning - and keep those white walls clean

Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
ad3333
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
Liked my 08 so much we upgraded Momma to a low mile 07 Classic last April. Of course the windshields pop off for around town. I have mine set-up with Tourpak or backrest or my solo seat. Hers just the backrest.

Extremely versatile and I am just not a "tunes" guy, would be hard to find a better bike for us. How much better can it get then cruising old Route 66 in the west on a RKC?
Thanks, you're really making me miss Arizona and the west even more though!!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
ad3333
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vet767
My neighbor has owned more HD's than I can count. EGs dynas sportys. When I brought my 08 RKC home he walked over looked it up and down and said, "I'm jealous, yours is prettier than mine" He rides an 08 also and says he likes it better than any other bike he has owned or ridden. The first time I rode his I knew that a RKC would be the last bike I would buy. You won't regret your purchase Pull the trigger
Nice! I really like your red hot sunglo, wish they made it this year. I'm like alot of people not crazy about this year's RKC colors. I don't want it to hold me back though, I'm thinking about going with black for now then possibly repainting to sunglo. I could buy a '10, but it sounds like the 103 this year is a big upgrade...

Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a RKC and its a GREAT Bike.... I have a Electra Glide and Its a GREAT bike....
The Road King for day trips or short distance 25 to 200 miles. The Electra
Glide for longer trips or when cold and need more rider protection. NO one bike will cover
all situations, but you cant go wrong with either... Its money well spent to rent both and you decide what is right for you. Nobody can answer that question but YOU............. .....hdman

Quick Reply: 2011 Road King Classic - FLHRC