Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide vs Road glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:57 AM
djw479
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What we're doing now:

What we should be doing: SG & RG Owners
Actually this should be all motorcyclists, regardless of the brand they ride. There's enough MC-haters out there already.

Last edited by djw479; 02-26-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:38 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
The only difference I know for sure is that one is f-u-g-l-y and the other is a batwing.

I guess this is a matter of perspective. To me, all fairings are FUGLY. I do not even like a windshield, but I do put in on when it is cool or raining. But I admit, the Shark takes it to a new level.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I like them both. I have ridden them both and really didn't notice much difference in handling but I don't ride in parking lots that much. I have never thought the front of the SG was heavy. Windwise the way my SG is set up there is no advantage to the RG. The handlebars and seats on both bikes suck. Side note: I think it would be cool if, for no extra cost, HD would set up the bike for the rider. I think the only thing that might take me a little time to get used to is the cockpit space in the RG. I'm not tall, 5'10", I would think a taller rider would prefer the RG.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BcDog
Do not,under any circumstances get a Road Glide. You will absolutely hate how the headlights don't turn with the steering, hate how stable it is on the highway,hate having to deal with the fact it may be one or two outta 50 bikes outside a bar, The other 48 being Street Glides. One thing about "Road Toad" owners is we're a lot like folks with tattoos. We don't judge those that don't have them.

Don't forget that the radio is alot farther away, I control the radio from my handle bars.

After years of wabbling down the road on a bat wing I still can't belive how much better the Fugly handles.
The POS bug deflector that came on the RG went the first day, the uncomfortable stock handle bars went shortly after.
Ride them both and get the one that you like.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 AM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ridden both.... Really hard to tell a lot of difference between the two... Actually I wanted a Road Glide because of all the extra storage in the fairing but I really don't like how far the shield is from you with the RG. No one had a RG around here at the time so I ended up with a black SG of all things.. I perfectly happy with it!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I've done a test ride on both. They both suck in stock form. I've always liked a RG for no apparent reason so that's what I bought. I came from a Low Rider so I'm no stranger to being hit with wind. What surprises me is how well the touring line in general handles better than the other Harley lines. I liked the look of the RG once I put lowers on it, much better. Makes a huge difference as they kind of "support" the shark nose in terms of over all balance of bike design to me. I think if you compare a batwing w/ lowers to a shark nose w/ lowers, the looks become less of an issue. I get huge compliments all the time on mine but that could simply be b/c you don't see them everywhere...and I like it like that...so buy the batwing.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

Very cool!!! Are those the "Heritage" handlebars?

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I've done a test ride on both. They both suck in stock form. I've always liked a RG for no apparent reason so that's what I bought. I came from a Low Rider so I'm no stranger to being hit with wind. What surprises me is how well the touring line in general handles better than the other Harley lines. I liked the look of the RG once I put lowers on it, much better. Makes a huge difference as they kind of "support" the shark nose in terms of over all balance of bike design to me. I think if you compare a batwing w/ lowers to a shark nose w/ lowers, the looks become less of an issue. I get huge compliments all the time on mine but that could simply be b/c you don't see them everywhere...and I like it like that...so buy the batwing.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My only comment is that I've had both, and above 90mph the RG handles a whole lot better, don't ask me how I know......lol. Once you go FUGLY you don't go back.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

its raining in So Cal so I'll join in, never gone FUGLY not that I am against that kind of thing, just haven't been drunk enough to try, so I don't know but what I do know is that I love my SG and will own a Glide of one sort or another for the rest of my riding days.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
scottycameron
Cruiser

+1 good ****

Quick Reply: Street glide vs Road glide