Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide vs Road glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, you don't want one of those Road Glides. That sharknose fairing is much too ugly. Play it safe and get a Street Glide in black.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

I'll second that - get the black Street Glide. Rides & looks better than any color Road Glide...

Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 PM
BcDog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not,under any circumstances get a Road Glide. You will absolutely hate how the headlights don't turn with the steering, hate how stable it is on the highway,hate having to deal with the fact it may be one or two outta 50 bikes outside a bar, The other 48 being Street Glides. One thing about "Road Toad" owners is we're a lot like folks with tattoos. We don't judge those that don't have them.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

I would suggest you ride both. I've had a FLHT STD 07 which is the same as SG but W/S is taller on FLHT. Now I ride a 2011 FLTRX 103. the wind hits you a bit different behind the W/S but that can be improved with a different W/S. Of course the SG W/S is short also. I would not go back to the Batwing. IMO the handling is much better with the Sharknose. Now there was a big change in the frames from my 07 to 2011 & I know that is part of the reason BUT not everything. Don't just test ride down the street & back. You need to take it out on the freeway,city& twistys. good luck & ride safe

Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM
carrotzilla
Advanced

I like the RG's dual headlights and think they're not fugly @ all but a different take on the EG line. For me, I like the SG more. Every time I walk through the garage I ogle that bike. Either way they're both more than there parts. Riding tomorrow fellows.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 PM
harleyiron80
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mike Willmont
I was at my local HD today goofing off. I am not looking to buy but I am interested if there is any difference in the stearing with a fixed fairing ( Street Glide) compared to a Road glide.

you lean a bike the only time you would notice is when your moving it in your garage or going real slow always liked sg over rg

Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though having owned 14 different bikes I had never owned or even ridden a Harley until 02/09. Rented both a RG for 4 hours then an SG for 4 hours.

A week later bought the RG and have not regretted it for one second.

The following users liked this post:
rdoucet1 (10-07-2021)
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sold my 08 FLHX and purchased an 11 FLTRX....Had my doubts if I made the right decision and was considering trading back to a new FLHX.

RG windshield and handlebar was a bit of a challenge. The stock bar absolutely sucks on the RG. I solved that by installing the 2011 RG CVO bar and now I'm happy.

Went to my buddies house that I sold the SG to and took it back out for a spin and immediately realize how much better handling the RG is!! The SG fairing was all up in my face, and it handled like a tank when turning. I made the right decision upgrading to the FLTRX.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:19 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by djw479
... there are still many narrower-minded folks who feel the RG is Fugly...a word most RG owners take as a complement,
............. gimmie an F
.............. gimmie a U
............... gimme a G
................ gimmie an L
................. gimmie a Y
......... what's that spell ?
...... well, come'on all'a you big strong men, Uncle Sam needs yer help again. Got himself in a terrible jam, a way off'n yonder Afganistan

..... oh, sorry...... got a little carried away there for a minute

Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just came off putting 80,000 miles on my 04 batwing and got a new RGU. I have put 5000 miles on it so far. No real difference in handling ( i have put about 100,000 on RKP's) so I have a pretty good handle on how these touring bikes handle. The new chasis' do handle much better then the older ones tho regardless of what front end you have. I like the look of the batwing but I am loving my RGU.

Quick Reply: Street glide vs Road glide