Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some input with HD brake/run/ turn signal kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need some input with HD brake/run/ turn signal kit

Does anyone have any experience with HD's auxiliary brake Lt./running Lt./turn signal conversion kit pt#69461-06B?
Is the difference or increase in intensity when the brake lights or turn signals are activated over the glow of the running lights enough ???
I had heard some thought they weren't noticeable enough. I'm looking at using it on a FLHTK.
Any opinions or comments are appreciated.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:40 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I've always thought that the run condition was too bright,not enough difference between run and brake.So I installed the HD LED Turn signals on my 09 Classic..The run intensity matches the brightness of the HD LED tail light,and the difference between run and brake is very noticable.You can wire it so they aren't running lights,just brake and turn,like the original 06 module I had on my 06 Standard.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Rick Lees
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the kuryakan led set up on my 2011 sg it turned out awesome The same light bar but the lights are bullet style and a big difference between the run and break light,,,,, I haven't got pictures yet and if I did I might not know how to post them.... But don't tell anybody a new thread will start on ( you can afford a new bike but don't know ho to work your computer ) so shhhhhhhh

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel its bright enough, followed a freind who had them in fog those were all i could see .The more light the easier to see.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Topcop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my 2 cents worth.... Buy yourself a *Brightass* tail light and you will not need to add the other. The B A light will put out sooo much light you will not need the other. Worst part about the B A light is the price. About $200.00 but well worth it !!! I got one and man it is the mac-daddy. Happy trails......

Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by buggy
I feel its bright enough, followed a freind who had them in fog those were all i could see .The more light the easier to see.
Are you talking about the running Lt's. or the brake/turn signal Lt's. were bright enough?
I was questioning whether there's enough difference in intensity between the two to easily tell when the brakes or turn signals are being used.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:48 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Topcop
Just my 2 cents worth.... Buy yourself a *Brightass* tail light and you will not need to add the other. The B A light will put out sooo much light you will not need the other. Worst part about the B A light is the price. About $200.00 but well worth it !!! I got one and man it is the mac-daddy. Happy trails......

Make that 4 cents...

Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had one on my Dyna and there was plenty of difference between the run and brake light. It also was a lot more light than the stock set-up.

My HD module only lasted a week before burning out so I went with a biketronics unit after that. It came with a lifetime warranty and never gave me any issues.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Skygoose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dansflhti
I've always thought that the run condition was too bright,not enough difference between run and brake.So I installed the HD LED Turn signals on my 09 Classic..The run intensity matches the brightness of the HD LED tail light,and the difference between run and brake is very noticable.You can wire it so they aren't running lights,just brake and turn,like the original 06 module I had on my 06 Standard.
Okay. I'll bite. How do you wire it so they aren't running lights; just brake and turn? 'O4 FLHTPI.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:48 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

YUp,
I installed it with the red lenses and my buddies told me
"it looks like your brake light is always on"

So I switched it back to the amber lenses...for a distinctive color diferance..
Yeah, I'm illegal with amber brake lights but who gives a ****

Quick Reply: Need some input with HD brake/run/ turn signal kit