Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I say "Good-bye" with much sadness....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Chaffeekid
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". Good luck, hope it doesn't take 20 years like it did for me! Put my kid through school, now he's an architect in Sacramento!
All works out for good in the end. Support those kids, you never know what they will do with an education for the rest of us
Be Safe Bro seeya again

Old 02-25-2011, 07:01 AM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Best wishes for your daughters in college. I took a 30 year break between scoots to be able to raise a family and educate 3 kids. You made the correct decision. You will reap the rewards for decades.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on what Harleypingman as written.

I as well took your advice and really appreciated your contributions.

Just wish you would "hand around" and keep supplying us all with your great input.

Got an '03 that I'll sell you cheap!

Ride In Peace

Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Come back when you can!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saying goodbye

Darren
Good call my friend. As a dad sometimes we are called upon to make those sacrifices we really don't want to make but must. It is an honorable thing you're doing. I hope and believe that the girls know the sacrifice their Dad is making. I am sure that in the end it will all be worth it. I hope in the future you'll be back to be involved here again in this wild and wacky community. A new bike is around the corner I'm sure. Maybe you'll ride to graduation on one. Take care my friend. Come and visit from time to time. As always be safe.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
camshaks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I've had lean years where I didn't have much of a bike, but I can't imagine not having something with 2 wheels and a motor.

There are lots of neglected evo powered bikes from the mid 80s that can be had for dirt cheap, and would give you something to work on. Someone with basic mechanical skills and some horse trading sense can always put something on the road. And right now, "rat bikes" are actually considered desireable.
I agree. Get somthing inexpensive. I commend you for being such a good father. My oldest is going to be 18 in two weeks. I aint gotta worry about him going to collage. Been a pain in the *** just to get him to graduate high school.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by overdoo
darren
good call my friend. As a dad sometimes we are called upon to make those sacrifices we really don't want to make but must. It is an honorable thing you're doing. I hope and believe that the girls know the sacrifice their dad is making. I am sure that in the end it will all be worth it. I hope in the future you'll be back to be involved here again in this wild and wacky community. A new bike is around the corner i'm sure. Maybe you'll ride to graduation on one. Take care my friend. Come and visit from time to time. As always be safe.
what he said. As dads we have to do certain things that we should be happy to do. Our kids are our future and we have to give them our unconditional love and support. Take care, hang around, and oh, by the way, thanks for all your help to myself and the rest of us in this crazy habit....

Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Adios compadre; it's been a great ride.

We'll leave the light on for ya'.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You are not the only person that has had to get rid of their bike for one reason or another and stays on the forum. No need to leave and another kudos for being a good dad.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:29 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You gotta do what u gotta do. There is nothing I wouldnt do for my girls. Like someone has already posted, go find a cheap bike to tinker with, if that dont work, when you do find yourself in a position to get another bagger, i'm 100% positive that there will be one waiting 4 ya at the stealer. Good luck man, hope you will be back in the wind before you know it.

Quick Reply: I say "Good-bye" with much sadness....