Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sert calibration rec.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
jimilivz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sert calibration rec.

For my 10SG, I could use a recommendation for the calibration map. I have the se race tuner, but it didn't come with a map I feel really applies to my set-up. All I am really doing right now is going with the se air filter/breather kit. The closest cal is 009fy002. BTW, I am keeping the factory 2/1 exhaust, but may remove the catalyst from the header pipe. Should I go with the above map, and do smart tune, or look for one closer to my set-up?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pcv

Originally Posted by jimilivz
For my 10SG, I could use a recommendation for the calibration map. I have the se race tuner, but it didn't come with a map I feel really applies to my set-up. All I am really doing right now is going with the se air filter/breather kit. The closest cal is 009fy002. BTW, I am keeping the factory 2/1 exhaust, but may remove the catalyst from the header pipe. Should I go with the above map, and do smart tune, or look for one closer to my set-up?
Just buy a PCV from Fuel Moto,smart tune blows and so does the dealer dyno.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
jimilivz
1st Gear
Default Don't need the flamin comments

I don't mean to be short here, but that's not the kind of help I asked for. After I already spent good money on the HD tuner, why would I go with another type, especially on the recommendation from one who simply slams the one I have?
Originally Posted by hydrolock43
Just buy a PCV from Fuel Moto,smart tune blows and so does the dealer dyno.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
jeeplite
Intermediate
Default Hope this helps

I have a 2010 Road Glide Custom, SE A/C, fuelmotto 2-1 head pipe and stock exhaust using the one time down load from HD. Happy with the standard map, probally something close in the Streettuner you have. I was asking my mechanic who is also the dyno guy at the dealership about the difference between the down load and the Streettuner. Install the closest map and run the smart tune, his warning that at first it will run like crap.
This will give a better tune than I have, but maybe not so much that I could tell the difference.
Don't get me wrong because you will get a better tune with the ability to change maps and auto tune as you make more changes to your bike.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Sepst,pcv

SE downloads could probably all use a dyno or drive yourself crazy with smarttune. PCV from Fuel moto will give you a pretty nice map and support for tuning if needed that you are not going to get from HD. I have both systems and people will argue forever which is better. If your good with the computer and the SE software that would help a lot but if your not there are other systems that you can get a lot of support and make adjustments alot easier. I have the SEPST on my bike now as that was the tuner that i got a map to run my 120R with someone did on a dyno. I had the PCV on the 96'' before and no one had a map for the 120R for the pcv. The SEPST is the better of the two they offer now the other is the street tuner and i don't think you will be happy with that one if you have it.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Sepst

Originally Posted by jimilivz
I don't mean to be short here, but that's not the kind of help I asked for. After I already spent good money on the HD tuner, why would I go with another type, especially on the recommendation from one who simply slams the one I have?
There is probably no reason to do a download with the stock exhaust system, why just do the air filter? You would use the file you listed with the modifications that it lists with that file a/c and exhaust. It sounds better with the cat gutted and seems more responsive. You have the SEPST or the new street tuner?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:15 PM
jimilivz
1st Gear
Default I like the factory 2/1

The instructions that came with the filter (HD part #29260-08) are very clear about re-mapping, even when only changing the filter. I really have no desire to change the exhaust. I like the sound, looks, and I really don't even have a problem with the way it runs, other than the overheating in stop and go traffic on 80 degree plus days. I bought the sert tuner and software with the assumption that it would have more maps for slightly modified bikes. I realize most guys who buy this tuner are into heavier mods, so I probably will have to go the smart tune route.