Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the new Mustang lowdown Touring seat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:40 AM
JOHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I contacted Mustang ; they confirmed a lower drop with the stock low seat (0,5").
I had a Mustang seat on my Heritage and loved it.
So I've just ordered the LowDown Mustang with driver backrest.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JOHD
I contacted Mustang ; they confirmed a lower drop with the stock low seat (0,5").
I had a Mustang seat on my Heritage and loved it.
So I've just ordered the LowDown Mustang with driver backrest.
I think you'll enjoy it. So far I'm happy with mine. I haven’t been on it more than a couple hours at a time but it feels nice nonetheless. I’ll put 4 or 5 hours on it this weekend so it will be a better test for me and the wife.

BTW, I thought it would be a .75" drop from the low oem seat. If Mustang told you .5" then so be it... I thought there were a few other folks in the forum that said .75"

Last edited by MADHOG; 05-02-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK... just pick up the new scoot today (100 miles and a 1000 smiles this afternoon!!!)... 2010 Road King.. I had the Lowdown seat installed before I picked it up... My observations so far... I can easily flat foot now (5'10, 30' inseam) where I couldn't with the stock seat. Seat is comfortable and expect it to get more so as I break it is. I am "slightly" pushed forward. Now where near as much as I felt on the Harley reach seat that dropped you 1 inch. It's not bad at all. I'm about to install the Harley Goodies Floorboard extenders and I think that will make it a very comfortable ride. I also added Wild One 10.5 mini apes... Love them! I think the 12's would have been good too but so far the 10's are just right for me.... Ok... got to get another ride in today! Off to a buddies house to show off my new toy! I'll post pics later tonight.... Thumbs up on the Mustang Seat from me!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reviews guys...I am really leaning towards this seat but the being pushed forward has me a little cautious on pulling the trigger. I'm 5'10-11 or so with a 32 inseam on most pants. I guess being pushed forward a little bit might relieve some of the shoulder pain with the stock seat and RK handlebars.

I have the 2011 oem seat so it is low to begin with and I can flat foot the bike fine...I suppose another 1/2 inch would not hurt

pmang do you find that you can still see over the shield with this seat? I've been wanting to get a new shield as well and was looking at the 22" LRS shield for more protection...not sure if this seat would drop me too low for that shield

Look forward to you pics pmang

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Thanks for the reviews guys...I am really leaning towards this seat but the being pushed forward has me a little cautious on pulling the trigger. I'm 5'10-11 or so with a 32 inseam on most pants. I guess being pushed forward a little bit might relieve some of the shoulder pain with the stock seat and RK handlebars.

I have the 2011 oem seat so it is low to begin with and I can flat foot the bike fine...I suppose another 1/2 inch would not hurt

pmang do you find that you can still see over the shield with this seat? I've been wanting to get a new shield as well and was looking at the 22" LRS shield for more protection...not sure if this seat would drop me too low for that shield

Look forward to you pics pmang
Port Dawg,
I can easily see over the stock wind shield. Not an issue at all. I think the comfort will also be greatly improved with the Harley Goodies extenders... I must say the the lower back/a$$ support is great on this seat. The padding seams good all over the seat. Out of curiosity, I contacted Mean City Cycles and said they believed the could push you back in the seat an inch or so if needed...

BTW, if you're getting shoulder pain with the stock bars... I can't say enough good things about the Wild One 10.5 mini apes... Excellent comfort! I can't believe anyone would like the stock RK bars.... These are SOOOO much better. Money well spent there....

Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Here are some pics of the new ride (2010 Road King) with the Mustang Lowdown and Wild One 10.5's... Also had a Stage 1 done (Screamin' Eagle AC, Race Tuner and Python slip on's).... I traded in my 2005 Deluxe... Love the suspension difference so far (I'm not a little dude! haha)...

Attached Thumbnails Anyone using the new Mustang lowdown Touring seat?-new-road-king.jpg   Anyone using the new Mustang lowdown Touring seat?-img_0170.jpg   Anyone using the new Mustang lowdown Touring seat?-img_0172.jpg  
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I put the low down on my 11 limited and put 8+ hours on it this weekend. It does put me forward a bit but at 5'7" and 30" inseam, that isn't bad, just different. I also had previously lowered the front and rear when I bought it, 10 days ago. I can comfortably flat foot it with knees bent now, something I could not do on stock suspension and seat. The passenger grab strap, or what ever you call it, had to be shortened and tends to slide forward on it.

I transfered a back rest from a Kawasaki that I had put a Mustang seat on so saved $200 that way. Passenger thought is was nice too and I reaped those rewards too.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:45 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I got the Mustang low on Friday and sent it back today (Monday). Installed it on my '10 Road King. Being 5'11" with 32" inseam I found myself sitting lower. However it also pushed me forward to the point my junk was just about on the fuel tank. Worse my right thigh was now about a 1/2" from the rear engine cylinder. Almost got burnt on right rear thigh. I asked to replace this seat with the Mustang Super Tour. I should have it by the end of next week.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I got the Mustang low on Friday and sent it back today (Monday). Installed it on my '10 Road King. Being 5'11" with 32" inseam I found myself sitting lower. However it also pushed me forward to the point my junk was just about on the fuel tank. Worse my right thigh was now about a 1/2" from the rear engine cylinder. Almost got burnt on right rear thigh. I asked to replace this seat with the Mustang Super Tour. I should have it by the end of next week.
Ok well this is what I was afraid of......hmmmmm

Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cptdenny
If you are a taller person I don't think you would want the Low seat anyway. With your height/inseam I'm surprised you went with a Low. Nonetheless you should like the Super Tour, mustangs are nice seats. If I was taller I would have gotten the Super seat...

You are right; mine lowered me and also pushed me a little bit forward, feels like an inch or so. But for me this is great.

BTW, get yourself some of the floorboard 1" spacers, if you don't have them already. They will help put your legs further out, helping with the engine heat thing and it will make you more comfortable overall.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the new Mustang lowdown Touring seat?