Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying a new seat: Saddlemen Pro Tour Slammed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Huladog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying a new seat: Saddlemen Pro Tour Slammed

Have been riding on a Danny Gray Speed Cradle Solo (2010 FLHX) since I'm short and while it does move you forward and down it is kinda firm and doesn't give you much room to slide back. Narrow nose is good to help reach the ground at stops.

Stumbled across the Saddlemen Pro Tour Slammed and while it isn't your usual touring seat like a Mustang Vintage Solo (used that on my previous Nightster and it saved my butt) I figured I would give it a try since it does look different. Looks more like a sportbike seat, or something Sargent makes for a sport touring bike.

It has two different vinyl textures, parts are smooth the rest are a fake carbon fiber weave look. Again, not your usual Harley seat but nice and different. Passenger section is narrow, but should work for short trips.

Tested it today for a couple of hours before the rains started up and I was pleasantly surprised. Supposed to have different densities of foam plus gel. Narrow nose that fits the Street Glide tank better than the Speed Cradle and I think because the main part of the seat is narrower it helps short legged folks even more since you can reach down better when your leg moves toward the rear at a stop. Gives you a bit more confidence in holding up the heavy bike.

Since the bucket isn't deep like the Speed Cradle you can slide back a bit. Cushioning felt good and firm, but not hard. If fact now that my butt isn't riding on a really firm seat I can better feel what the front and back suspension are doing.

Here's the link to the Saddlemen site with this seat: http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=7424

Just letting you guys know about another option out there. I really was looking for a low profile Mustang seats since I had good luck with them before, but this Saddlemen is working out for me.

Aloha,
Huladog

Old 02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you wouldnt mind to repost a update after you have logged some miles on that seat. I currently have a HD rallyrunner, I like how my current seat moves me back and lowers me into the bike, but the fitment is horrible! There is a gap where the seat meets the counsol. Let me know what you think... that seat sure looks nice!