Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From VIED's to stock to.....PCV! Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011 | 08:28 PM
dohadex
|
Road Captain
Talking From VIED's to stock to.....PCV! Wow!

I've had the VIEDs on my Road King for about 8 months. The difference was Ok...after I continually looked for the "sweet spot" (which was at about 14.0 AFR).
Then I decided to get a PVC from FuelMoto...so I went back to stock to see what that was like....blahhh! Popping...high temps, etc.
So this morning I put on the PCV (mapped to my specs from Jaime) and I couldn't beleive the difference! STRONG acceleration, great throttle response...going from low to high RPMs...and NO decel popping. This thing now has BAWLZ!
I feel this was a good step towards getting the best response from my bike.

The VIEDs were a good short term/low cost solution...and they worked well.

Who else has had that "Gee-Whiz-Wally" feeling when they got thier PCV?

Old 02-18-2011 | 08:36 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

ive posted the same thing in many threads i used xied"s for over a year ,thought it was a big improvment,then went to pcv from fuelmoto WOW! turns out the ied wasnt that big.

Old 02-18-2011 | 08:48 PM
ACDavis
Advanced

Originally Posted by dohadex
I've had the VIEDs on my Road King for about 8 months. The difference was Ok...after I continually looked for the "sweet spot" (which was at about 14.0 AFR).
Then I decided to get a PVC from FuelMoto...so I went back to stock to see what that was like....blahhh! Popping...high temps, etc.
So this morning I put on the PCV (mapped to my specs from Jaime) and I couldn't beleive the difference! STRONG acceleration, great throttle response...going from low to high RPMs...and NO decel popping. This thing now has BAWLZ!
I feel this was a good step towards getting the best response from my bike.

The VIEDs were a good short term/low cost solution...and they worked well.

Who else has had that "Gee-Whiz-Wally" feeling when they got thier PCV?
Got the same thing from Jamie about a month ago. Michigan still has snow, but we are getting closer. I want to install the PCV while waiting for the snow to melt, but I really want to ride it stock again one more time so I can really get a feel for the difference. I am hoping for the exact experience you describe above. Can't wait!

Old 02-18-2011 | 09:07 PM
dohadex
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ACDavis
Got the same thing from Jamie about a month ago. Michigan still has snow, but we are getting closer. I want to install the PCV while waiting for the snow to melt, but I really want to ride it stock again one more time so I can really get a feel for the difference. I am hoping for the exact experience you describe above. Can't wait!
Yeah, take er' out on the first sunny day and put about 40 miles on (if you can). The first thing I noticed was the damn EIMS came on after about 10 minutes of riding after i stopped at a light. It was about 64 degrees...no way the bike could be hot by then!

Anyway, good luck with yours and post your findings!!

Old 02-18-2011 | 09:43 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

I will be ordering the Power vision and the Jackpot dyno tuner mufflers here in the next couple weeks. I cant wait to get them installled...