Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRANSMISSION ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:18 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRANSMISSION ADVICE

ORIGINAL: fasthd06

I think it is that some dont know how to use the 6 speed , keep lugging the motor and post 100's of posts why the dealer wont fix it . Maybe they should learn how to shift the bike and not lug the motor. See if your dealer has a starter bike like a buell blast to learn on before they get on a big twin 96 with a 6 speed. Sorry to be so rude but come on did you guys with so called problems ever think that your the problem ? Wind it out - just because you have 6 gears you dont have to use them all unless you have too .
I think if you had read all the posts on this subject you wouldn't go down this road with your reply because you are just going to **** a lot of people off that have already been down this road with other know-it-alls blaming it on the rider and not the bike.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i bet the dealer would get kinda pissed at me riding a bunch of brank new 07's to find one that didnt make noise

im sorry- but im SOOOO glad that i bought the 06.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you overlooked the fact that NOT ALL 07's do this????????

And....I bet alot of the DID ride a 07 at the demo and I'm sure NONE of those made the noise.

These threads are getting old.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

Maybe you overlooked the fact that NOT ALL 07's do this????????

And....I bet alot of the DID ride a 07 at the demo and I'm sure NONE of those made the noise.

These threads are getting old.
Maybe you got lucky and have a non-issue bike, but my guess is that if you had plunked down 32K for your CVO and it ran so freakin' hot you didn't want to ride it, or had tranny issues, you'd be the bandwagon master. I'd be in Milwaukee knocking on office doors.

Thank God we American consumers have a right to vent our complaints on this Forum. And as passionate as we are about our love of motorcycling in general, and HD motorcycles specifically.....and if the Motor Company offers up a product that isn't satisfactory, then it's up to us to stand up and demand satisfaction.

It wasn't all that long ago when AMF dang near ruined it for everybody............and it can happen again.........

Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine didnt cost 32 k and is fine too, the problem some are having is in the compensator not the trans, a article in the new thunder press free magizine explains it very well if anyone is interested.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Mine didnt cost 32 k and is fine too, the problem some are having is in the compensator not the trans, a article in the new thunder press free magizine explains it very well if anyone is interested.
Yes, esplain please?