Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High TQ. clutch setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
How does ATF affect the compensator?
There is a few threads on different forums on the SE compensator/atf issue. I ran the Redline MTL primary and saw what started happening with my SE compensator,the mtl looks very much like atf and is very thin. Testing that people are doing shows that the bore and spokes of the SE compensator requires or like a much heavier oil to not start the fretting in the sprocket bore or galling of the spokes. Check out the SE compensator thread on htt Rabos explains it and there is pictures. All i can say is you use hypoid gear oil in your differential on a car or truck not atf and if you did fill it with atf it might not last too long.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Hammy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
Hammy you should be fine....I hope you ordered the gold spring.

I am pushing larger numbers, requiring a heavier spring.

Good luck
I'm a little worried from what you guys have posted, I bought the proclutch with the tpp for the stock clutch basket, do I need to get the gold spring seperate. Yikes more mods more $$, the stock clutch basket should be ok under 120 torque right?

I bought part# 630-346
from j&p
http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2010...?entrypage=570

Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

We'll see how the 120R handles things.

I was talking to the tech yesterday, he said no issues with the Rivera. He never used the gold springs, just the silver ones.

I bought the gold springs anyhow. Left hand might need a workout... I've got the squeeze handle thing in the work truck.

You'd think HD would have this sorted...

H

Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Gold clutch spring

Originally Posted by Hammy
I'm a little worried from what you guys have posted, I bought the proclutch with the tpp for the stock clutch basket, do I need to get the gold spring seperate. Yikes more mods more $$, the stock clutch basket should be ok under 120 torque right?

I bought part# 630-346
from j&p
http://www.jpcycles.com/catalog/2010...?entrypage=570
You probably should have got the gold spring as it comes with the silver and that does not seem to be the right spring for the 120R's. I am ordering the whole clutch because i am hearing that the stock outer clutch basket is flexing or warping and causing slippage problems. Rivera's whole complete clutch with tpp is 1053-0023 $980.00 shipped to your door with the gold spring. This whole assembly will fit the 2011s too i believe but they do not have an inner hub assembly machined to fit the 2011 stock outer clutch basket yet. Aim has a 480lb gold spring and Rivera's gold is 400lb just another 30.00 if you didn't request it when purchasing your clutch.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Hammy
Tourer

well at least it's only $30, too bad they don't come with both like the barnett clutches..

Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Barnett Scorpion

Originally Posted by Hammy
well at least it's only $30, too bad they don't come with both like the barnett clutches..
I looked at those and they seemed fine but they use the coil springs vs. diaphragm and i'm not happy with the pull of my SE race clutch with coil springs. Plus if you want to add the lockup pressure plate to the Barnett you need their primary cover so i started losing interest quickly with them. I know that i made the wrong choice with the SE race clutch and would like to get it right this time.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Hammy
Tourer

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
I looked at those and they seemed fine but they use the coil springs vs. diaphragm and i'm not happy with the pull of my SE race clutch with coil springs. Plus if you want to add the lockup pressure plate to the Barnett you need their primary cover so i started losing interest quickly with them. I know that i made the wrong choice with the SE race clutch and would like to get it right this time.
I bought the $30 derby spacer from Rivera for the TPP, as they said you need it or the TPP (lockup plate) won't have enough room, maybe their spacer would give enough room for the barnett with lockup. Although I wouldn't be willing to buy all that stuff for a maybe..

Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM
120r Street Glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys sorry to bring up an old post. So I am looking into a clutch for my 120r and seriously considering the rivera primo pro clutch and the variable pressure assist. So is the rivera working for you guys. I completly agree with Hydrolock43 about not using ATF.