Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your favorite slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjelders
Samsons Rolled Thunder Ovals
Same here. I love my Thunder Ovals.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago, I had a street glide with what was refered to as a hippo build, along with V&H head pipes, and python slash cut slip-ons. It's my uderstanding the pythons are made by V&H for Drag. It was one of the best sounding bikes at idle I've ever heard, and sounded great running down the road as well. Sweet little all around package. I believe the sound was the result of the whole package, more than just the pipes.

Last edited by reh13; 02-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like my V&H Twin Slash Rounds.

They are behind V&H Dresser Duals.

Not too loud cruising.....But got a lot of bark when you gas it.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

V&H Dresser Duals & Monster Ovals

Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've got the FuelMoto Jackpots and I'm happy with them. I really can't tell what the sound like except while riding. One day, I may have somebody ride it so I can hear what they sound like going by.

Cecil

Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 PM
kuma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by kjelders
Samsons Rolled Thunder Ovals
second that samson rolled thunders on V&H header pipes.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 PM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the slip ons I've ever owned have been either SE, Rush, or V&H. Of those you can't beat Rush slip-ons IMO. Easy to change baffle sizes if too loud or too quiet. Catfish is great to deal with too!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 PM
2000FiveOh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite is whatever is the cheapest at the time. None of them are proven to outperform the other to any noticeable extent. All these aftermarket weanies are just selling overpriced pieces of steal to wannabes and RUB's that don't know any better. Selling you claims of horsepower and torque gains, 2 or 3 at best, at 5,000 rpm's. Yet the newbies keep bellying up to the bar and forking over their hard earned dollars for what? Bragging rights in a forum? So you can look at yourself in the shopping mall window and listen to your mufflers? So you can rev it up under an overpass and feel the false power? Maybe so you can say you have a stage 1 upgrade in your profile? Look at a few "brand name" mufflers and compare the baffles. You get the same baffle in a $150 dollar set of mufflers that you get in a $300 muffler, for the most part. Or, you spend $400 on a set of mufflers because they look cool. Never could figure that one out either. It comes down to marketing and finding newbies that are willing to part with their money....nothing more. Why do you think these aftermarket folks are also selling you fuel management trinkets? They know there's one born every day and they will capitalize on that to the extremes. Now, if you don't mind lining the pockets of these aftermarket folks, then have at it. It isn't my wallet so I could care less. Like I said, it's all about separating the newbies from their cash.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

C'mon. All of us RUB's and wannabes are just contributing to the HD stimulus plan. Besides you have just given me a new idea on how to admire myself, I've never looked at myself in a shopping mall window. I'll have to try it in the morning
Originally Posted by 2000FiveOh
My favorite is whatever is the cheapest at the time. None of them are proven to outperform the other to any noticeable extent. All these aftermarket weanies are just selling overpriced pieces of steal to wannabes and RUB's that don't know any better. Selling you claims of horsepower and torque gains, 2 or 3 at best, at 5,000 rpm's. Yet the newbies keep bellying up to the bar and forking over their hard earned dollars for what? Bragging rights in a forum? So you can look at yourself in the shopping mall window and listen to your mufflers? So you can rev it up under an overpass and feel the false power? Maybe so you can say you have a stage 1 upgrade in your profile? Look at a few "brand name" mufflers and compare the baffles. You get the same baffle in a $150 dollar set of mufflers that you get in a $300 muffler, for the most part. Or, you spend $400 on a set of mufflers because they look cool. Never could figure that one out either. It comes down to marketing and finding newbies that are willing to part with their money....nothing more. Why do you think these aftermarket folks are also selling you fuel management trinkets? They know there's one born every day and they will capitalize on that to the extremes. Now, if you don't mind lining the pockets of these aftermarket folks, then have at it. It isn't my wallet so I could care less. Like I said, it's all about separating the newbies from their cash.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:02 PM
MAJOR
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

+1 for the cheapest at the time.
Klockwerks supersavers for me. Plus they remind me of my old screamin eagles (for competition only) with howtizter end caps before the EPA got their nose in the MOCO's business.

Quick Reply: Post your favorite slip ons