Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Invisible" Fairing Support for Road Glide FLTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Kilo6
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking that.$99.95 for those brackets is ridiculous.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilo6
I pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking that.$99.95 for those brackets is ridiculous.
Cheaper than the HD conversion (which I have already bought) and a lot easier to install is what I was looking at. They had them for $75 during Christmas should'd bought them then
Really just don't want to pull the faring and unhook all the wires to install the factory conversion...I know I'm lazy!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Those brackets make some sense if you want to ditch the engine guard; much less sense if you retain the engine guard. HD isn't really stupid when it comes to removing parts to lower costs, so retention of those engine guard mounted brackets by HD when they redesigned the brackets for the '10 model RG probably serves a structural purpose.

Carl

Old 02-19-2011, 12:04 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Anyone used this from Hells Foundry? Thinking of using this instead of the new factory stuff because I not sure I want the taller fairing or the tilt forward (think it would make my 05 stripes look even more out of line.

http://www.hellsfoundry.com/fairing_support_fltr.htm

Should be able to still use the Ultra lower fairings I'm planning on installing, would be a lot easier than removing my whole fairing to install the new factory stuff (which I've already bought) and if I ever decide to raise the fairing up, these would work with the new fairing to frame mount from the new Road Glide also.
Bobby, these look pretty slick. Lemme understand this if I hear you..I can use the Hells Foundry 'invisable mount' and then install the HD vented lowers without changing over to the 2010 system? If that is the case it is really slick. I have the Hells Foundry Soft Dash on my Glide and can tell you the have excellent products and customer service, before,and after the sale!

Old 02-19-2011, 12:28 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Lemme understand this if I hear you..I can use the Hells Foundry 'invisable mount' and then install the HD vented lowers without changing over to the 2010 system?
Correct.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:57 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Correct.
Sawweeeetttttt! I'm a gonna order me a set of these TODAY!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Sawweeeetttttt! I'm a gonna order me a set of these TODAY!
You'll get your's before I can order any, be sure to let us know what you think!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Bfazona
Tourer

I have these on my '11 RGC & love them so far. I like the cleaned up look by removing the engine guard bracket mounts and my engine guard is powdered and got a little makred up when I swapped out the chrome one. These brackets are not flimsy and the fairing is really stable once they are on. While $99 is expensive, it's right in line with everything else we put on our bikes.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bfazona
I have these on my '11 RGC & love them so far. I like the cleaned up look by removing the engine guard bracket mounts and my engine guard is powdered and got a little makred up when I swapped out the chrome one. These brackets are not flimsy and the fairing is really stable once they are on. While $99 is expensive, it's right in line with everything else we put on our bikes.
Thats what I was looking for, someone who has held them in their hands to let me know what they think! Were they as easy to install as they imply?

$99=Hundred Dollar LMAO!

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 02-19-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Bfazona
Tourer

They're just as easy to install as the factory brackets. The only thing is the studs that come out of the turn signal that they mount to are now really long, but they're hidden below the Hells Foundry bracket. I'll take some pics later on today or tomorrow.

Quick Reply: "Invisible" Fairing Support for Road Glide FLTR