Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Training New Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006 | 09:44 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Default RE: Training New Rider

FLHTC06, you really hit the nail on the head. I truly worry about my wife when she's riding. I know she's good and able to ride safely, but I have so much experience riding that I am able to detect, identify and prevent situations that a less expreience rider won't even see. Like I said, I wish I knew when I will stop worrying. It's getting so I can only relax when she's riding on the back of the Road King. But that's my fault and not hers.

Old 10-08-2006 | 10:20 PM
FLHTC06
Advanced

Thanks JB, we just returned from Ormond Beach / Daytona area today after riding down Saturday to spend the night and hang out with a core group of friends thatI ride with. Most of these friends are Road Captains like myself ( local HOG group ) and 1 is a police motorcycle instructor like Jerry was in Ride Like A Pro. We were delayed in leaving yesterday morning with the group and had to drive down alone. No problem, but the realities of road construction, interstate speeds and misting rain soon had me worried. I was wishing she was on the back of mine. But all was well, had great time and a beautiful ride back home ( extreme NE Florida ) with friends. It was quite comforting for me knowing that everyone looks out for everyone.

Old 10-08-2006 | 10:57 PM
Basz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

Practice Practice Practice

Get Ride Like a Pro IV. My wife and I have watched it a few times. She just got her bike and we plan on practicing

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/RLAP4.asp

Find a nice parking lot and do the drills. They say about 5 or so hrs of practice and you'll be a much better rider.

Ditto what Doc said.
Do the practice drills in "Ride Like a Pro" and her confidence will grow. So will yours.

Also, let her lead at her own pace until she's comfortable.