Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Smyln
Steeler dude

awesome. how difficult was it to drill the hole in the handle bar?

How many hours did the install take? and total cost for kit?

Thanks

STEELERS ROCK!!
As stated by viper, the install was not bad at all. Just use a sharp drill bit and it is not bad at all. I took my time and it took me about 2 hrs.

Alot of folks will tell you to forget about heated grips and go with heated gear. I don't ride much below 40 deg. And the grips work well at these temps. I did not want to be tethered to the bike with a wire going to my gloves.

I recommend this product. So far so good.

Maybe next year the Steelers can get #7.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:56 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
As stated by viper, the install was not bad at all. Just use a sharp drill bit and it is not bad at all. I took my time and it took me about 2 hrs.

Alot of folks will tell you to forget about heated grips and go with heated gear. I don't ride much below 40 deg. And the grips work well at these temps. I did not want to be tethered to the bike with a wire going to my gloves.

I recommend this product. So far so good.

Maybe next year the Steelers can get #7.
I totally agree. The grip heat can be the difference between wearing heavy gloves or lighter better feeling ones on 50 degree days.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAKEME
The heated Grips will be good for shorter Trips, but if you do long rides in chilly winds,
forget heated Grips, they just heat the innerside of your Hands. Gloves will heat your finger/hand all arround. And even better are the heated socks. Both with PWM-Switches (pulse width modulation). The only thing i miss on my bike in the wintertime are Spikes.

Greez from Germany
ShakeMe

I use only heated grips on my snowmobile in 0 degree weather and I'm fine all day, they even get too hot and not just on the palms. I wish I could put some heat demons on my chubbys.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two Words HEAT DEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they get the warmest with stock grips but even my Kury Iso's get pretty warm.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Heat Demons Rock !!

Just take your time on the install and you will be fine. I've had mine on for 3+ years with no problems. Can't say the same for my buds and their heated grips from HD that keep burning out. Just don't understand why that has not been corrected by HD.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:59 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

How hard are the heat demons to install on an '09 touring bike.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Smyln
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an awesome thread. Yeah. I saw the Steelers beat the Browns, Ravens and Jets. Next year and the following year.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Anyones but the HD ones. If ya got an honest service tech, just ask him how many hes had to replace under warranty.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 AM
jellen2
Stage II
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jjnoble
+1 on the heat demons, but if you have Chubby 1 1/4 bars (575) they won't work, ID of the bars is too small for them to fit.
Heat Demon does have kits to fit the Chub bars. All distributors do not list them in cataloges and some dealers do not know about them, but they now have an application for almost every configuration. Go to www.heatdemon.com or call the company (number is on the website). Note the new logo and look - it's pretty cool!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
J-Rod75
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SHAKEME
The heated Grips will be good for shorter Trips, but if you do long rides in chilly winds,
forget heated Grips, they just heat the innerside of your Hands. Gloves will heat your finger/hand all arround. And even better are the heated socks. Both with PWM-Switches (pulse width modulation). The only thing i miss on my bike in the wintertime are Spikes.

Greez from Germany
ShakeMe

+1 Always used the heated gloves on ATVs....buddy had the heated grips and PHEW....hot palms and freezing cold hands and throttle thumb!

Quick Reply: Best Heated Grips