Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I put these J&M 7.25's in.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Wait, so what Johh L is saying is the sound we are hearing in the Rokker video is the sound from the bike as it rides around? Cause that is what it implies.

I'll wait for clarification.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

yeah I put them in aswell after my hogtunes blew,still running the amp and tweeter pod from hogtunes, the j&m 7.25 with out nit picking bass..sound..ect are in the same ball park...apples to apple. But now the search continues!!

im eye balling hertz or focal,dont know how they will sound with hog tune amp which is also for 2 ohm and theses babies are 4 ohm.

Seems like the internet is on monopoly shut down with reviews and suggestions.j/k

any ideas what to do next before i through 3 to 7 hundred dollar bill down?

see ,im being avoided like the black plegue, maybe I need to bribe someone for the answer?? will you be my sound manager for 50 bucks? anyone help lol

Last edited by voodoodrug; 02-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

I've had the J&M 7.25" speakers with a 50W Hogtunes amp for a couple years now. I don't doubt there are better speakers out there somewhere, but I do like my J&M 7.25's and the bass is good.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7.25s

I get great bass out of these speakers now that i installed a D&D Boarzilla. I suffer from serious depression issues and not long after i purchased these i had almost tripled my daily dosage of Xanax trying to cope with what i paid for these. I have since hired an attorney to assist me in trying to get at least half my money back for these. He has informed me that the price is for the plastic mounting assemblies and that the speakers are free with the purchase of them and there is nothing he can do.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got no complaints about my setup (J&M front and rear speakers, 250 watt amp, Hogtunes pod). People riding in front of me can hear it.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 AM
ethal68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
I get great bass out of these speakers now that i installed a D&D Boarzilla. I suffer from serious depression issues and not long after i purchased these i had almost tripled my daily dosage of Xanax trying to cope with what i paid for these. I have since hired an attorney to assist me in trying to get at least half my money back for these. He has informed me that the price is for the plastic mounting assemblies and that the speakers are free with the purchase of them and there is nothing he can do.
Funny chit right there........

Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 AM
CC Rainman
Tourer

I can't believe this thread is still going. Furthermore I can't believe all the people that are still buying without hearing then first.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 AM
thecort
Road Captain

Why would you need to hear them first? They're only the best sounding, most efficient speakers out there. Nothing else can compare.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

shore ,,,,,

that is correct ,,,, the AC/DC tune you hear at the end of the ROKKER video, when I ride it out of our parking lot, around the corner, is actually coming from the bike, being picked up by the little microphone on the front of my Sony video camera ,,,,

I believe that the video indicates this on screen also ,,,,,,,

you can even see my left hand adjust the volume level right before I ride away ,,,,,

there are no smoke and mirrors in the video, what is shown is exactly what I did ,,,,

see you at Rossmeyer's ,,,,,

Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I tried the link JMJOHN provided and got a 404 error message, but found the information using this link:

http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...25speakers.php

An interesting point the guy makes is that bass actually sounds better the farther back from the bike you are due to the sound wave of bass being longer; just scroll down to the end of the blog where he discusses this. He makes the point that you hear bass about 22-30 feet away from the speakers, and only hear about 1/10 of the bass sitting on the bike.

Carl

Quick Reply: So I put these J&M 7.25's in.