Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I put these J&M 7.25's in.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 AM
thecort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
Well, 1st off, these are quality pieces. They are aesthetically superior. I'm not running grilles. They look too nice in there.

Just them side by side and see for yourself....the J&M's look like $10 speakers.
Can you post pictures of them side by side?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

I did notice they Titan/Hertz are rated at 3-ohms...they look identical.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Put my amp in last night to compliment the speakers, sounds great to me. I am looking forward to hearing it going down the road. Darn winter anyway...

Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
"Big E"
Cruiser

In my opinion, there 250 watt amp dont help them much,I will find out tomorow when I ride a buddies bike with no amp. maybe its just me, I have about 150 bucks in my marine radio & speakers, It rocks, with good bass too. I know the speakers have more air space, but for the money for j&m system, I dont know.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 PM
ethal68
Tourer

I too also agree that the J&M speakers are not what they say.
I listened to a setup at my local HD dealer......... And even asked them, "Are you sure this is J&M speakers"? Yup, they said.

That was enough for me.........

I posted comments that I did not like J&M speakers, and people jumped all over me with PMs.

So I just sat back and waited for this thread........

AND IT FINALLY CAME!!!! THANKS!!!

I do feel sorry for the people that bought J&M speakers and are not happy.

One last thing..... The guys at Dr. V-twin treated me right on the things that I have bought from them. I just did not fall for their sales pitch on J&M speakers. My theory is, Let the customers do the advertising if the product is so good. No need to pound it to us time and time again.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

These are the Titan/Hertz speakers that "Shore" is using.
I'm installing them, too.
I'll be using the ARC 125.2 BX Mini Amp.

The BX version is the same that you all are familiar with...
EXCEPT...
It has a built in cooling fan and offers more bass than the standard 125.2 puts out.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

ethal68 ,,,,,

with all due respect, ((everyone is entitled to their own opinion)), the J&M 7.25" fairing speakers are exactly what we say they are ,,,,

they are THE most efficient and best sounding speakers you can install into your Harley fairing, with or without an accessory amplifier ,,,, period ,,,

the Biketronics speakers might look impressive, with their large heavy magnets etc, but don't be fooled, they are NOT as efficient as the J&M's at the same volume/power setting AND their extra weight WILL put additional strain on your speaker bracket braces inside ,,,,

now this would be a pretty boring world if everyone used J&M speakers in their Harley ,,,, but please don't pooh-pooh them just because you "think" that you heard J&M's current top-quality speaker line-up properly installed and connected ,,,,

there are enough riders on this board using J&M speakers that might strongly disagree with your opinions ,,,,

thank you for listening ,,,,

Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
the Biketronics speakers might look impressive, with their large heavy magnets etc, but don't be fooled, they are NOT as efficient as the J&M's at the same volume/power setting AND their extra weight WILL put additional strain on your speaker bracket braces inside
Road Glides don't have speaker brackets.

Last edited by BadPiggy; 02-26-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

[quote=JMJOHN;7974823]ethal68 ,,,,,

the J&M 7.25" fairing speakers are exactly what we say they are ,,,,

they are THE most efficient and best sounding speakers you can install into your Harley fairing, with or without an accessory amplifier ,,,, period ,,,

quote]

JMJOHN,

When you say most "efficient," what does that mean in audio terms? What industry standard is used to measure efficiency?

When you say "best sounding," how do you measure that? What industry standard or sampling do you use.

I'm not looking for a debate; but, you make claims that I am simply trying to understand in objective, measurable terms.

Also, has any magazine published any test data for the 250W amp and/or 7.25" speakes as was done with the Arc 125.2 amp and their 6.5" speakers in this article from Performance Auto & Sound magazine:

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test...e-audio-system

In anticipation of your reply, thank you.

Carl

Old 02-26-2011, 11:57 PM
ny2az
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the opportunity today to see in person the J&M Rokker bike at Hacienda Harley and must say that the system sounded really good...even with just the fairing speakers running...it was loud and clear...the amp worked great...I must also say it is hard to get any real bass from the fairing with any speakers you install....

Quick Reply: So I put these J&M 7.25's in.