Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring up the accessory socket in Tour pak

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wiring up the accessory socket in Tour pak

I have a chopped tour pak on my FLHT .

I installed the Air-Wing with the LED light bar, I also purchased the 12v cigarette lighter accessory kit ( that mounts inside the tour pak )

They both have instructions on installing them to the accessory plug under the seat.

Because there is only one acc. plug under the seat I bought a splitter for this connector.

I the light bar came with a splitter for connecting if you already have a lightbar ( wrap around lights ) on the tour pak.

Question, is there any way to connect the 12v acc outlet into the Air-Wing LED light harness? It comes with a splitter but I'm nut sure it's the same connector.

Any one have a setup like this ?

thanks

Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't have your exact set-up but I have used the Y-splitter that comes with the Air Wing LED in my Ultra tour pak. Your bike has a tour pak harness that will mate with the single end of the Y-splitter. Assuming (yeah, I know) the Air Wing LED has a compatible connector that will mate with the Y-splitter, you can wire the LED that way: LED to the Y-splitter and the Y-splitter to the tour pak harnesss (located under your left side cover IIRC; all Touring models, except RK's have the tour pak harness.) You can then use the accessory connector under the seat for the 12V accessory (so that it will have a switched power source controlled by the ACC switch in the fairing cap.)

Or, you can splice the harness in the tour pak, or, buy the connector and wire terminals to mate with the unused end of the Y-splitter, but you won't have ACC switched power.

On my bike, I used the Y-splitter to provide power for the HD tour pak spoiler LED and the Ultra tour pak lights. I replaced the spoiler LED connector supplied with the kit (it was intended for use with the accessory connector under the seat) with a mating connector compatible with the Y-splitter.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Edit: If you go to this link and check parts # 29 and 30, those are what you'll need to mate with your bike's tour pak wiring harness/Y-splitter to have the LED and/or 12V outlet wiring inside the tour pak:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=499&B=37

Go to check-out (you don't buy anything doing this) to get the HD part nos.

Last edited by Harleypingman; 02-15-2011 at 11:52 PM.