Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willy Shiny, any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
thecort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ***** Shiny, any experience?

I'm looking to exchange my stock rear wheels for one of his chrome wheels. I'm not sure if I want to spend $1,000+ for a wheel that will hardly be seen. I also noticed his wheel spacers. If anyone has any input let it fly!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by thecort
I'm looking to exchange my stock rear wheels for one of his chrome wheels. I'm not sure if I want to spend $1,000+ for a wheel that will hardly be seen. I also noticed his wheel spacers. If anyone has any input let it fly!
I am using his wheel spacers, which are awsome. I was using them to convert a 2 rotor wheel to single sided disk, and he cut down an old rotor for me and polished the edge to match the diameter of the spacer, he was awsome to deal with on that. Can;t comment on the chrome exchange tho.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
housei
Intermediate

Have a friend that just did the wheel exchange on a softail custom. Good looking and he is happy with it.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
user 46363738
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering about ***** Shiny also. My rear is lowered where you dont even see the rear wheel. I'm just wonder how good their chrome work is.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:37 PM
1fathog
Tourer

Me too! Wanting to have my lowers chromed, just not sure where to send them. Any recommendations willl be greatly appriciated......

Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

My buddy has a set of lower fork legs on his '11 RG and they look fantastic. Only been a few months but no sign of anything irregular thus far. For the price it can't be beat.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM
sfetty
Road Captain

I have bought a lot of parts from Joe. Nice guy to deal with and excellent quality parts. Below is a picture of my FLHX and the wifes FXDF.

The FLHX has the chrome wheel spacers, polished rotors, chrome lowers and chrome wheel from his exchange program. Had it all for better than a year and couldnt be happier! I did get the chrome rear wheel also. You can barely see it as you are walking up on the bike. Figured it would bother me if I didnt change it. I am all about the details.

On the FXDF I installed the new black riveted wheel spacer. Joe just finished them. Attached is a picture with the spacer and stock rotor. Getting ready to black out the center of the rotor.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from ***** Shiny!

Attached Thumbnails Willy Shiny, any experience?-073.jpg   Willy Shiny, any experience?-black-side.jpg  

Last edited by sfetty; 02-15-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
pigjockey
Intermediate

I am going to put the wheels and rotors on my SG. Can someone tell me how hard it is to swap the lowers? I am planning to do the labor myself!
Thanks, Loyd

Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
sfetty
Road Captain

If you have never done work like that before, I would let a professional do it. Its not terribly difficult, but there are some things that need to be done perfectly. You may get overwelmed with the number of parts.

I had an experienced friend help me. 4 months later had to have a HD Service Dept redo it because a seal wasnt in right and I sprung a leak. Disquested about having to do it all twice. Said that was a lesson learned and I need to be aware of my mechanical limits. But I still tend to get myself in over my head by trying to do too much on my own!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a question though....What if I wanted a set of FLHX wheels...If I send in my FLHT wheels can I get a set of FLHX wheels if I order them?

Quick Reply: Willy Shiny, any experience?