Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vision Tune Demo - New Video!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

have you had ANY popping on deceleration or any popping at anytime?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
Any way of seeing what your AFR's readings are using the stock o2 sensors with the PV ?
im curious to see what data you see when download info from PV.. thanks for the info...are u still using the stock O2 sensors with the PV in autotune mode ?

Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
have you had ANY popping on deceleration or any popping at anytime?
Oh, Yes, the custom map they made for me was on the lean side. I had a bit of surging off-idle, and some popping around 3000 rpm. So I started experimenting with the WinPV software. I compared the stock map with the map they sent me, also looked at differences in maps made for other setups, made some new custom maps based on what I learned.
After trying six maps that I made, I was able to see how the changes affect the bike, how far I needed to go, and in what areas. So I went back home, used what I learned to make 6 MORE maps. Loaded them on the PV, tried each one, the bike really responds well to the changes I've made.
So now I have NO POPPING AT ALL. And I used the best map from yesterday to make 6 more different maps that I'll try later today. I'm making small changes in certain areas, just to see what happens.
It's so easy, it's actually been fun to do!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

im curious to see what data you see when download info from PV.. thanks for the info...are u still using the stock O2 sensors with the PV in autotune mode ?
Autotune is not yet available for the PV, might be another month or so. I'll have my bike totally dialed-in before then.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
Autotune is not yet available for the PV, might be another month or so. I'll have my bike totally dialed-in before then.
First, thanks for taking time to make the video. OTOH, you aren't helping me fight the temptation to change tuners.

Real-time auto-tune (closed-loop) with WB O2 sensors (AT-100) isn't possible with the stock ECM, but I understand an app will be ready in about a month that will allow you to apply data that is logged from them. This must be done when the engine is not running, unfortunately, which to me is one of only two negatives for the PV vs. PCV. The other is the inability to switch between maps on the fly.

Based on what I read in the PV instructions, stock NB O2 sensors can work with PV at this time in closed-loop operation like stock, and the AFR's they dictate are adjustable down to around 14.2 and upward above stoich, probably to ~15.0. I don't know why anyone would want to run leaner than stock (14.6), however. They'll be working on an app of some sort for the NB sensors (AT Basic) after the WB project (AT Pro) is completed, but I'm not sure what it will do.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

These are screen-shots from the WinPV software. The first one is the AFR from the Map they sent me. To change the AFR, you click on each box, and enter the new value. When you're done, save it as a new file, send it to your PV. It's very easy to do. And as you can see, we're not making big changes. The 2nd image is the map that's on my bike right now. Runs much better, but I just made 6 more to test-ride. (as if I needed an excuse to go riding)

Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Great review and info, thank you very much for the support and feedback

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
These are screen-shots from the WinPV software. The first one is the AFR from the Map they sent me. To change the AFR, you click on each box, and enter the new value. When you're done, save it as a new file, send it to your PV. It's very easy to do. And as you can see, we're not making big changes. The 2nd image is the map that's on my bike right now. Runs much better, but I just made 6 more to test-ride. (as if I needed an excuse to go riding)

would like to say thank you for your great feedback.. My new scoot will arrive end of April, havent decided if i will go with PCV or PV.. tuners here local other than HD and they only work with SEPRT.. i like the PV but want the AT this time around.. question.. as the chart u posted.. does it also display AFR like 14.5, 13.5 14.1 rather than in Decimal or Percent value ?
keep the info coming since there is not much info on the PV other than what i read here from the Forums.. and of course i will order from FM due to the great support from my PCV. Question # 2.. was the cable with the PV long enough to add the PV to the handlebars ?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:53 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

question.. as the chart u posted.. does it also display AFR like 14.5, 13.5 14.1 rather than in Decimal or Percent value ?
Question # 2.. was the cable with the PV long enough to add the PV to the handlebars ?
The screen-shots that I posted are from the WinPV software. These are the A/F adjustment tables that I have been editing to change the ratio. To display the AFR like 14.5 etc., I think you would have to be taking an actual reading from the bike, as opposed to tweaking the map that the ECU reads from. I actually DID a short data-logging run with the PV. Loaded the data to my PC, it opens up like a spread-sheet. I'm going to take a better look at it, but for now I'm getting good results just tweaking this one table. Keep in mind that there a MANY other tables you can edit, such as VE-front, VE-rear, ignition timing advance, the list goes on. I'm a perfectionist, and I love to tinker, but my setup is very close to perfect, so I'm not messing with anything other than the Air-Fuel Ratio (for now).

Oh, and the cable is the perfect length to reach all the way to the handlebars.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM
drhooligan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to figure this out. I undrstand the target A/F ratio in Lamda. Will the stock ECM using its NB sensors make fuel corrections to meet the Lamda values that you prescribe in the talble?

Quick Reply: Vision Tune Demo - New Video!