Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride with XIED's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:22 PM
edpnjax
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Been thinking about these for a 2011 Ultra and a 2011 Deluxe. Has anyone had any experience with dealers with these on? If you had a warranty issue, did the dealer balk because they were there or give you any other grief?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by edpnjax
Been thinking about these for a 2011 Ultra and a 2011 Deluxe. Has anyone had any experience with dealers with these on? If you had a warranty issue, did the dealer balk because they were there or give you any other grief?
as mentioned in my earlier post, you just unplug if going in for warranty service.

they are in most cases a no-tool install

Mike

Old 02-13-2011, 07:27 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy3
the 02 sensor was a nice golden brown. Just what you wold want your spark plugs to look like. I have no idea if that's what it should look like.
If anything like a plug,better than black,white or oil soaked!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
as mentioned in my earlier post, you just unplug if going in for warranty service.

Mike
If you unplug the Xieds for warranty work how will the bike run with all the mods including the high flow airfilter?

The dealer is probably going to tell you that you need a SERT (or whatever they called it these days) and that you will damage the bike as is.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
edpnjax
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar

Mike
Saw that, nice write up BTW. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a dealer where the XIED's were still on the bike.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

i used xied for a year on my 07 less heat and ping but didnt totally cure my ping added pipes and a/c and the heat and ping were back.switched to a pcv much better in my opinion.heat is under control and havent heard a ping since.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

most techs probably wouldnt know they were there,unless u took it in for a fuel or idol or ecm issue that they put it on the digital technition for.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Rob C
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my XIED's on for almost 3 years withut any problems, the seem to work as advertised. I never took them off when the bike was taken in for sevice, and no-one said anything about them. My dealer even sells them!

Rob

Old 02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed XIED's on my wife's bike and they work great for heat reduction and ping on the highway. But as I understand it they only do as mkguitar says: they only affect the AFR in cruising (closed loop) mode.
Therefore they cannot possibly improve throttle response or performance. Maybe some wishful thinking out there?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:41 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware

Originally Posted by badknees
Warmed up a bit today so I took the bike for a little ride. I had the XIED's on for a month but haven't ridden with them. Well I gotta say what a difference. Quicker throttle response and much improved thru all gears. Worth the money.
Beware, HD will tell you they are the root of any problem you have as they do not understand them. I had to get Steve on the phone with a knucklehead HD wrench to explain that they had nothing to do with the KNOWN PROBLEM of the HD wiring harness loosing it's ground...he even told him to turn to page 74 of HIS MANUAL and read the TSB...duh. I have them on my 08SG and they work GREAT.

Quick Reply: First ride with XIED's