Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever see J&S lifts on sale more than 5%?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jdiamondv
i was wondering the same thing on the 5% also, just thinking if it was worth it to attend one of the upcoming shows and get the same deal and save on the shipping since you could probably pick it up.
Just came home from the Chicago Motorcycle show, they would have sold one to me right there for $300 cash....

Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr
just came home from the chicago motorcycle show, they would have sold one to me right there for $300 cash....
thanks

Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdiamondv
thanks
Timonium Cycle Show at the Fairgrounds this weekend, also about $300 cash no tax. They would deliver for a small price too.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pitbulls are 399 at Timonium. I got one on Friday. Awesome lift.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,191 Likes on 22,601 Posts

Originally Posted by gogogadgetbiker
Buy the Harbor Freight table on sale for about $280, then keep your crapsman for a center jack. I think the tables are one of those things that once you have it you never want to go back to a jack.....
I tend to agree..Is that an air lift? Put a Condor chalk/mount on the front of it and you'd be all set. Ride on it, and lift er' up..

Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Here is one for sale in the classified section;
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gear-...lmost-new.html
Yeah, I saw that one Spider, thanks. However, I sent the guy a PM two days ago and no answer...so who knows?

Just reminds me that it can be a PITA trying to do things via CL or classifieds...I just ordered a new one. Thanks for taking the time though!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:36 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I tend to agree..Is that an air lift? Put a Condor chalk/mount on the front of it and you'd be all set. Ride on it, and lift er' up..
I would get table for sure if I were really doing heavy work...but for little stuff, I like to be able to roll-up right next to the bike.

Can you get close enough comfortably with a table lift vs a J&S or Pitbull?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,191 Likes on 22,601 Posts

I would think that you can get as close if not closer with a table, but for underneath, you would probably still have to have a scissor jack on top of your table lift, but I think that it would probably be more comfortable and you wouldn't have to crawl around on the ground.
By the way it looks price wise, it looks like you would be out $ wise quite a lot less. for the table.
The J & S lifts you about 18 inches and the Pit Bull lifts your bike about 26 inches the highest on the market.
They both cost right at $400. They don't take up as much room as say a table does, but the table goes up much further. If you have the space, I'd say go for the table or one of those pick up/fork lift looking lifts that HF has. That looks to me like a good one.

The difference between the PB and the JS is 8 inches, and the PB is a bigger jack. From time to time on a rare occasion the bottle jacks of J & S have been known to crap out too. At least I've read that on this forum, but most like the J & S because it does not take up as much room as does the Pit Bull. I have never heard a bad review on the Pit Bull though other than how much room it takes up.
You have to weigh the pros and cons of each and see what works for you.
It all depends how much work you want to do on your own ride, how much $ you have, and how much space you have.
For oil changes, you don't even need a jack as far as that goes, if you don't mind crawling around on the ground.
Weigh your options and your choices carefully.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I would think that you can get as close if not closer with a table, but for underneath, you would probably still have to have a scissor jack on top of your table lift, but I think that it would probably be more comfortable and you wouldn't have to crawl around on the ground.
By the way it looks price wise, it looks like you would be out $ wise quite a lot less. for the table.
The J & S lifts you about 18 inches and the Pit Bull lifts your bike about 26 inches the highest on the market.
They both cost right at $400. They don't take up as much room as say a table does, but the table goes up much further. If you have the space, I'd say go for the table or one of those pick up/fork lift looking lifts that HF has. That looks to me like a good one.

The difference between the PB and the JS is 8 inches, and the PB is a bigger jack. From time to time on a rare occasion the bottle jacks of J & S have been known to crap out too. At least I've read that on this forum, but most like the J & S because it does not take up as much room as does the Pit Bull. I have never heard a bad review on the Pit Bull though other than how much room it takes up.
You have to weigh the pros and cons of each and see what works for you.
It all depends how much work you want to do on your own ride, how much $ you have, and how much space you have.
For oil changes, you don't even need a jack as far as that goes, if you don't mind crawling around on the ground.
Weigh your options and your choices carefully.
Thanks for the good input, Lion. Appreciate that.

It's less about $ and more about not going overkill as I tend to do but I am a huge believer in TOP quality stuff...I can't tell you how may times "overpaying" has ended-up "costing" me LESS years later. Thanks for reminding me of the Pitbull. They are more $ but if they go up higher, that's great.

I have the room but I'd rather have the flexibility of rolling a PB or J&S out of the way if needed. Especially since I am not going to be able to keep myself from buying another project truck or something (which as about when my g/f will probably leave me!).

Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I've had a J & S for years great jack, like stated the footprint of the Pitbull is to big, it gets in the way, Pit bull owners always talk about the extra height, but I have done complete rebuilds including pulling the motor out of the bike and have never had my jack on the highest setting so what do I want more height for, get a J & S go to Harbor Freight buy you the adjustable height mechanic stool on wheels and you will be happy

Quick Reply: Ever see J&S lifts on sale more than 5%?