Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Signal Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default LED Signal Fitment

Seems like plug-n-play means grind down before it fits....

Got the Radiantz LED front and rear turn signals, trying to install them today..They will not seat in the bullet housing or insert into the lens. I had to Dremal the round circuit board to get them to fit.

Anyone else encounter that issue............

DUHHHHHHHH....After using the Dremal on the two back unit.......I came to and realized that that wire was the culprit, once I twisted the unit around inside the housing to spool the wire, the lens fit fine......Maybe by me posting this will help another member suffering a senior moment....

Last edited by HDV-GLIDE; 02-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine at the local truck stop, first set would not lock in the socket. So I took them back and bought a diff brand and they worked just fine.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by viperr817
I bought mine at the local truck stop, first set would not lock in the socket. So I took them back and bought a diff brand and they worked just fine.
I don't think they lock into the bullet housing, the circuit board should lay flat against the black rubber gasket and the plastic lens when pushed on, holds it there. Plus they give you a lot more wire then needed and that has to be rolled up behind the circuit board. Less wire and they would probably fit fine.

Those 5 minute jobs always turn into hour jobs...

Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 PM
viperr817
Road Captain

U must have the ultra style, mine is the street glide ones with the 1157 type bulb.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:29 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by viperr817
U must have the ultra style, mine is the street glide ones with the 1157 type bulb.
Got the 1157 (dual contact) style for the fronts and the 1156 (single contact) style for the rear. The Ultra styles I believe have holes in the circuit board for the lens screws to go through.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 PM
viperr817
Road Captain

Huh, mine from the truck stop did not have an exposed circuit board.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

http://www.radiantz.com/index1.html?c49.html&1

The bullet style ones on down the page a little.....

Old 02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

HDV-Glide,

Are those from Custom Dynamics? I am getting ready to order their LED turnsignal kit for my StreetGlide. I have the push/plug bulb LEDs running now in the rear. CD is telling me a load equalizer is required if I go with their lights for both front and rear. The LED ones you find at AutoZone and truck stops only have 12 LEDs per bulb while the CD units have 48. I want bright lights as my turnsignals are ALSO the rear brake lights on the 2010 StreetGlide. Post some photos with your working.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hoethree
HDV-Glide,

Are those from Custom Dynamics? I am getting ready to order their LED turnsignal kit for my StreetGlide. I have the push/plug bulb LEDs running now in the rear. CD is telling me a load equalizer is required if I go with their lights for both front and rear. The LED ones you find at AutoZone and truck stops only have 12 LEDs per bulb while the CD units have 48. I want bright lights as my turnsignals are ALSO the rear brake lights on the 2010 StreetGlide. Post some photos with your working.
Their from Radiantz, 48 LEDs per light. Yes, you will need a load equalizer. Stay away from the Custom Dynamic one, go with the Biketronic or Badlands unit. Check the Radiantz site,
http://www.radiantz.com/index1.html?c49.html&1
They sell the Biketronic Equalizer also.

I got the white for the front and the amber for the rear.

Last edited by HDV-GLIDE; 02-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 PM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologize for butting in here...
I'm looking for a rear tail light/brake light LED bulb only - to be brighter than what I have. Keeping my stock red lens.
Did I read correctly that I can just get one at the truck stop? Plug and play?
I have the all red running lights in back. I like them but I don't think the center run/brake
light is bright enough (among the 3 red lights). Don't want to spend lots of $$ replacing lens, adding equalizer etc. Just want it to stand out and brake a brighter red. Is that what this discussion is basically about? I thought I'd get a clear bulb.....

Quick Reply: LED Signal Fitment