Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 RKC Carlini Evil Ape 17" Install.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the turn signals man? I had to relocate mine on my RK custom since I put 16" HCC apes on. Harley makes a kit that looks like whats on a street-glide. I'm having mirror problems myself, I have Harley tear drop mirrors and they won't work on top of the bars or on bottom. Can't adjust them to see. Before I order new I want make sure they are going to work. By the way, the bike looks killer.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 04 rkcrr
Where's the turn signals man? I had to relocate mine on my RK custom since I put 16" HCC apes on. Harley makes a kit that looks like whats on a street-glide. I'm having mirror problems myself, I have Harley tear drop mirrors and they won't work on top of the bars or on bottom. Can't adjust them to see. Before I order new I want make sure they are going to work. By the way, the bike looks killer.
My factory mirrors are working just fine for me so far, but I still can't wait for the better looking Ness mirrors. Those are smaller so they might have to go under the bars.

We will see. As for the turn signals, mine are out behind the bike, lol. I don't need any up front.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pit1600
looks very nice!!!
as i was reading your post, it made me wonder about when i wired my PYO. It was not an easy job too ut forget as soon as i ride it.
You're 100% correct, riding around the frustration is a thing of the past.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thecort
Bars look bitchin bro
Thanks brother, your bike looks good too!

Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
stricky
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

How tall are you? any problems with the 17" apes? good fit? I'm 5'10 and looking to get 16" gangster apes.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

To further update, my Sundowner and these bars were NOT working well together for me, I have long arms and not a small guy.

The hand position is great for me, and after swapping back to my factory seat which seats me further back I'm golden. It doesn't take long to get use to these bars, and with the front end lighter from the removal of the crash bar and the auxiliary light bar, this thing reminds me of my sporty.

I am planning to buy an 08 or 09 factory SG/RG seat and send it out to MCC for modifications. My mirrors will be here later this week as well. The next thing on my list is a stage one just need to make a final decision on pipes.

Here are some better pictures than the previous one:

Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stricky
How tall are you? any problems with the 17" apes? good fit? I'm 5'10 and looking to get 16" gangster apes.
I'm 5'10-5'11 and these bars are perfect. You wouldn't have any problem with the gangster apes in my opinion. These bars have the same curve as those but with 90 degree bends. I would recommend them over mine simply because of the wiring nightmare, lol. The round edges of the gangster apes should make for an easy wiring job.

The bars are actually shorter than I thought they would be, could have gone taller and been fine.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
stricky
Cruiser

Awesome,! thanks Fire-medic. Yeah my big concern is the 16"s would be too tall for me. My wingspan is about 70", so not the longest arms. I just want to be able to turn and control my bike well. I like the look but control is more important.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by stricky
Awesome,! thanks Fire-medic. Yeah my big concern is the 16"s would be too tall for me. My wingspan is about 70", so not the longest arms. I just want to be able to turn and control my bike well. I like the look but control is more important.
My wingspan is 75" but no issue, that's 2.5 " each side. Just compare the numbers on the bars, if I'm not mistaken the gangster apes have more pullback which would be better for you with shorter arms, but again as I found out the seating position has a lot to do with it.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
stricky
Cruiser

Ok great. well that makes me feel better. I was almost thinking the 13" gangster apes, but just think they might be too small.
Are those Avon grips? or PM contour grips?

Quick Reply: 2010 RKC Carlini Evil Ape 17" Install.......