Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a Tall Clearview windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:17 AM
VROCK SE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a Tall Clearview windshield?

Anyone here try a tall clearview windshield? Like a 14" Does it help with the wind on the passenger? And did you get the Recurve?
I look thru the stock shield, which is 12" The Clearview rep said you did not want to look thru the recurve. But since I look thru the 12" , I hope this will not be a problem.
I am getting a 9.5" for everyday riding. (With the recurve) Smoked. They have a pic on the site of a CVO Ultra with one on it. I think it looks good. I am sure the 14" will look Dorky. But if it helps the ole ladies comfort, It will be worth it.
Suggestions anybody???

Old 10-07-2006, 03:06 AM
FLHTC06
Advanced
Default RE: Anyone use a Tall Clearview windshield?

Get a lower rear seat or a shorter 'ol lady. Not too much you can do but tell her that your other girlfriend never complains. Windshield will not help that much because of her ride height. My wife complained a little about the same thing, now she has her own Ultra Classic. End of problem.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:48 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

I just put a Clearview recurve on my RKC. It is a great windshield. I also got the smoked version. The stock WS was 19"/19 1/2" tall. The recurve WS is only 17" tall but I checked the airflow and the recurve gives it the effect of a 20" WS.
Gary

Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 AM
cooleytx
6th Gear

I have the clearview +2 over stock with the recurve. My wife loves it because it does protect her from the elements.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:55 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no complaints from my wife with the stock ultra shield, I use my 4" dark, she dont like it, she gets it all in her face,,,,! (o)(-)

Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the clear + 2 with the curve at the top,my wife liked it but I don't,if your looking to buy one I'll give you a good price on it.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 PM
fatdave
Advanced

I've got the 2 inch over stock. Good shield and helps keep the wind off your passenger. You don't want to look thru the recurve. Get it where you look over it or under it. The recurve distorts you view.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one that's +2" over the stock RG shield and it's great.

If you have ANY questions, I would suggest that you call Clearview, describe your situation and see what they tell you. They will ask you specific questions, like your height, inseam, etc. Be sure to mention your passenger, too. Clearview is not a large company, so you'll be talking to the same people who design and build the shield. And when your shield comes in, if you don't like it they'll take it back as long as you don't remove the protective "skin" they apply for shipping.

They are a great company to work with and they will do whatever they can to make you happy.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6'2" and put the 2" taller shield on it also brings it back to you 2.5" and is an inch wider, I had the vent put in it and really like it it's on my bike in the pic. And the Harley trim fits it like a Glove [sm=bling.gif]

Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Redcat
Intermediate

gilbos - I am also 6'2" and have ordered the same set-up for my RG. How do you like the vent? Doe the Clearview get rid of most of the buffeting for you and a passenger too?

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Tall Clearview windshield?