Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the "ULTIMATE" shine for black bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't see the pic well enough to make a judgement on the turtle wax, but I am intriqued about the stories of the Lemon Pledge.....hmmm

Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know they are a lot of good waxes out there, and I have used most of them. I really like Mequiers products too.

My point here is for the black bikes, all the other waxes I have used looked pretty good also.

The black box wax really hides the very very fine swirls and scratches you see around light reflections in the paint. I have never used a wax that hid all that to the extent this does.

I really like this wax. If it holds up as good as it looks now I will be 100% satisfied.

The spray detailer that comes with the kit is black pigmented also. I am guessing that between waxes it will help hide any imperfections.

I was very impressed with the wax and just wanted to tell you all about my experience with it.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
whistlebritches
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like all, i have lots of waxes....but bc of your success, i' gonna git me some an see

Old 02-11-2011, 07:29 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

I used S100 products on my 07 Black FLHT STD. IMO if you find something that works for you "Just Go With It" Now I don't worry to much about the "Swirl Marks" I trade mine in for a 2011 FLTRX 103 Sedona Orange. More saddle time & less swirl marks. Keep your "Shine On" guys!!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts

I bought the box a year ago and its still sitting in the garage with a collection of several other "best waxes at the moment" to pick and choose from. I have not felt like taking the time because of the multiple steps involved. Might get around to it this spring after reading your post. I mostly use Turtle Wax Ice or Pledge. I just cant bring myself to use up a couple hours of good riding time waxing it right now. I can wash and dry and wax with Ice in well under an hour. However may do the black box to see how it does on fine swirls from earlier wax experiments.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts
Default avatar

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
I know they are a lot of good waxes out there, and I have used most of them. I really like Mequiers products too.

My point here is for the black bikes, all the other waxes I have used looked pretty good also.

The black box wax really hides the very very fine swirls and scratches you see around light reflections in the paint. I have never used a wax that hid all that to the extent this does.

I really like this wax. If it holds up as good as it looks now I will be 100% satisfied.

The spray detailer that comes with the kit is black pigmented also. I am guessing that between waxes it will help hide any imperfections.

I was very impressed with the wax and just wanted to tell you all about my experience with it.
I also like your avatar

Old 02-11-2011, 08:24 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am a Kits haze and scratch remover with a topper of Carolina Liquid Glass. It gives excellent depth to the paint as you add more coats.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by sat4314
I bought the box a year ago and its still sitting in the garage with a collection of several other "best waxes at the moment" to pick and choose from. I have not felt like taking the time because of the multiple steps involved. Might get around to it this spring after reading your post. I mostly use Turtle Wax Ice or Pledge. I just cant bring myself to use up a couple hours of good riding time waxing it right now. I can wash and dry and wax with Ice in well under an hour. However may do the black box to see how it does on fine swirls from earlier wax experiments.
I keep reading about guys cleaning and waxing their bikes in world record time... How do you guys do it?

A detail job on mine takes me anywhere from 4 hours to a day and a half depending on how thorough I get.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

I think it's crap, big waste of money. If anybody wants some come to K.C. and you can have mine. Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 is awesome.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Turtle wax black box

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
I bought some Turtle Wax "Black Box" wax about two months ago, and I just got around to waxing the bike last night.
It was a little messy, I wore latex gloves because of the black pigmented wax. It took a little time, it was a four step process.
This stuff is amazing, it looks like you can dip the black paint up with a spoon. It's very, very glossy and the paint looks deep and wet. It totally eliminated the minute scratches and swirls.
I don't know how long it will last, but for now I am very impressed.
If you have a black bike you owe it to yourself to try this stuff.
Agree! I am a big Mothers fan. Hard to beat Mothers. Don't like Turtle Wax, but, like 2004 said "you owe it to yourself!" I have used a double arm load of polish & wax & this seems like the best I have used for black paint. Amazing results! About 20.$ for the box. Will need several miracle fiber cloths & applicators unless they can be laundered?. Need help.> Since that stuff has black pigs in it, can the cloths be washed? Don't want to try wrong stuff & set the stain. I only use miracle fiber or 100% cotton terry towel, never a "T" shirt material. Highly recommend the BLACK BOX!

Quick Reply: Is this the "ULTIMATE" shine for black bikes?