Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto and Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Moto and Question

I have been looking for a complete stage 1, was advisied to check out fuelmoto. Their web site is extremely informative. FOr anybody in the process of changing the stage 1, the guys here on the forum are correct, this company seems to have their chit sewn up tight.

I was looking at the power commander five and the power vision. I am not a wrench, and although I like the look of the power vision with the interactive screeen and all, seems to me that he PC-V would be my best choice since I am really not going to go above stage-1 and maybe some cams in the future.

What are some benifits other than the piece looking cool, that might sway me into buying the power vision if I'm not really a mechanic. Is it easy to use and explanatory about what looks to be complicated screeens, DO I need a class to know how to use it?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 AM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the PCV with their base map installed for my setup. I didn't want to spend any more for auto tune etc. The bike runs very strong. I can not comment on fuel milage yet , I have rode it once for about 50 mi.
the bike is a 10 flhtk. Went with woods .555 cams, Fuel moto headers, jackpot mufflers and their aircleaner.

Others have reported that the base map provided with the PCV is very close to "spot on" at each VE setting. People that had their bike dynoed after installation said the fine tunnig was mi- nute. Not anything that would be noticed from the seat.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

If your going to do a FuelMoto Stage 1 performance package, the map they will supply you with for the PCV will be more than accurate enough to satisfy you. Unless you plan on "playing-with/tuning" the bike, which I don't see happening since your not a "wrench"... you don't need the Power Vision. I'm a wrench, and almost always find myself "tweeking" my rides with these aftermarket tuners. However, with my Street Glide... The Power Package and map that FuelMoto sent me is "spot-on"! I feel no need at all to try to ring more from it by thinking I can get another couple horsepower with the Power Vision. Besides... if you do a cam upgrade in the future, Jamie and the boys at FuelMoto have a map that they can email you to download into your PCV for the upgrade. They do all the work/tuning for you!

I say save the money on the Power Vision and spend it on other goodies for the bike. Hell, put it towards the cams now, or a set of headers!

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 02-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
OutdoorJoe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wise choice on picking fuel moto...Save your money and stay away from the power vision....When you use Fuel Moto they have done all the heavy lifting..No need for the power vision, just get on her and ride on!!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Both the PC-V and Power Vision are excellent tuners and we offer full support on both of them. With Power Vision being a new Dynojet product we are really looking forward to the expanded tunability and options we can offer to those looking for a more comprehensive tuner. We have a wide range of maps for both platforms and can program each of them so they are ready to install and ride

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
If your going to do a FuelMoto Stage 1 performance package, the map they will supply you with for the PCV will be more than accurate enough to satisfy you. Unless you plan on "playing-with/tuning" the bike, which I don't see happening since your not a "wrench"... you don't need the Power Vision. I'm a wrench, and almost always find myself "tweeking" my rides with these aftermarket tuners. However, with my Street Glide... The Power Package and map that FuelMoto sent me is "spot-on"! I feel no need at all to try to ring more from it by thinking I can get another couple horsepower with the Power Vision. Besides... if you do a cam upgrade in the future, Jamie and the boys at FuelMoto have a map that they can email you to download into your PCV for the upgrade. They do all the work/tuning for you!

I say save the money on the Power Vision and spend it on other goodies for the bike. Hell, put it towards the cams now, or a set of headers!
Sounds like that is the way to go, your right I would not know what to tweak. Looks like the mods list changes again. COME JUNE 22, return to the US!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
dabluesguy
Road Master

Counting the days Timmy? Every time I see one of your posts I think of the most famous Timmy in the world. TIMMMAY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4UK7YY1_M

Old 02-11-2011, 05:33 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

if cost is not an object, i say go with the powervision. instead of having a 'add on' box, you are doing a direct ecm flash. if you aren't using the autotune, you have to unplug your o2 sensors.

with the powervision, you are doing a direct edit to the map and still get to utilize the o2 sensors, and no worries about a piggyback box going bad on you.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 PM
crescentmotor
Cruiser

"with the powervision, you are doing a direct edit to the map and still get to utilize the o2 sensors, and no worries about a piggyback box going bad on you."

That is my line of thinking. On another motorcycle I owned, the Power Commander III occassionally dropped the map. In addition, the unit eventually failed. With the Vision, those issues go away and the extra money fixes the ECM permanently (barring other changes to the bike).

Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
E N AZ
Road Captain

I have had the SE Stage 1, PC-V, and Jackpot slip on's on my 2010 Ultra for approximately 1 1/2 years now without any problems. I'm very satisfied with the Fuel Moto package.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto and Question