Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:50 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

#1. The plastic "T" that came in my kit was faulty. I solved this issue by going to the local hydraulics shop and getting a brass unit for $8. No big deal!

#2. The lower shock bolt heads actually make contact with my exhaust when the system is at FULL extension. The supplied shocks are obviously too long for MY application. I am not the only one with this problem and this is a pretty BIG DEAL!

#3. The past couple of days I have been LOSING AIR in my system, even when riding a short distance. When the bike is static in the garage it loses NO air, whatsoever. Could be a bad shock, who knows, still awaiting a response from Tony! Originally, shipments were delayed because of faulty shocks.

ALL of these issues combined, are real cause for serious concern, and bring into question the quality, safety, durability and reliability of the entire system. As it stands now, I have no choice but to put my stock shocks back on and wait for a response from TONY. I'm not givin' up quite yet, but my faith, confidence & enthusiasm in the Draggin' Baggers system is slippin' real fast. What will the outcome be....stay friggin' tuned....cause I aint gonna be satisfied until this gets solved....one way or another! Just so ya know, I wanna stay slammed, just wonder now, if it's possible? As always, I welcome any feedback/opinions. Tony, where are ya? Anyone else had similar issues or other problems?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Glad you posted this. I've been watching the threads and wondering when a problem would pop up. I was considering a winter project for the old roadglide. I'm patiently waiting for your feedback.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you Bounty. This is why I chose to wait and see how the Draggin' system held up. I don't fault anyone for jumping on something new to market but I feel anything worthy of shelling out hard earned cash will prove to be worth the purchase over the test of time.

I hope you get your issues resolved immediately because not only is it a morale responsibilty from the DB company it is first and foremost a safety concern.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

I agree 100%, SAFETY is paramount. I'm always up for a challenge and since I was a big promoter of the DB system, it's only fitting that I end up being the HDF test mule for problems. I just wanna make sure that these issues get resolved for the benefit of everyone!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:34 AM
FirstHarley
Cruiser

I also had an issue with the
t-fitting.Contacted Tony and sent me a new brass one.Had air loss when riding but found that it was where I had plugged and unplugged one of the air lines several times and gouged the sides of it.Snipped it off and everything seems alright now...............JB.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:56 AM
td3
Cruiser

Bountyhunter,
I just walked in from my son's doctor office, he was injured today at his football game. First I would like to let everyone know I talked with you while you were at the dentist asking what the problem was and to let me know what you needed. You called me back and said you got a t i offered to send you one... I fed ex shipped at the cost of $17.00 a package to every customer... I posted that the composite t fittings our supplier recommended did not work at all, we went to an heavy duty one... I am so sorry you had any problems, however we have learned that no two installs have been done the same, we are also learning that issues arise and we have offered to fix them at all cost... I have not run from any problem instead I have been on the phone letting customers know that the t needed replacing before they got their systems. I do not understand your position, and would do everything I could to please you and all my customers... We do have a family and I did not leave you hanging for weeks, I was gone for the day.... I do feel you deserve the best service and I wish I could have been here to speak to you, it was a family emergency...
Sorry,
Tony
Draggin Baggers

Old 10-07-2006, 01:20 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Tony, no need to apologize. All I want, is to have a reliable, functional system that I can trust for the long run. Surely you must understand my position in that context. I am more than willing to work with ya and look forward to a solution!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

Tony

Are you brining DB to Daytona Biketoberfest?

Old 10-07-2006, 10:39 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Saturday morning update: Bike sat in the garage overnight, full air in the shocks...NO Leak! I will keep updating this thread UNTIL a solution for my baffling "rolling leak" is found. Still waiting for Tony to contact me and offer suggestions as to what the problem might be. Could be something simple or possibly a faulty component.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:13 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Here is the culprit for the leak, left shock seal is bad. I left the compressor on past the point of actual visual full compression to find this leak. Now all I need is a replacement left shock!

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES