Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
roseroid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Right on! If I ever get to TExas i'm look'in you up!!......... roid

Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

...great...we'll drink the bar dry

Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must say that you guys are very entertaining!

I have a question regarding shock nut / muffler thing..... Have any of ya'll had your bike on a lift after this install? Does the swingarm droop cause a situation where the swingarm / wheel / etc and "hanging" on the muffler, via the shock bolt?

Sorry to disrupt the banter..... but this just gave me one of the "hmmmmm" moments....

Old 10-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

I have my DB kit but haven't installed it yet (some family challanges still persist). As far as the bolt hitting the muffler, seems like maybe just removing the metal bushing sleeves from the DB shock and using the sleeves from the HD shocks might allow the shock to fit closer to the swingarm, away from the muffler. Seems someone here that tried the Gabriel shocks already tried this. These problems seem like nothing to me, really. All very easy to remedy or fix. And Tony has bent WAY over backwards trying to fix them too. I admire that, most people or companies would have just been givin the song and dance. If anything, I think Tony is trying too hard to please us. He's eating up all of his small profits just trying to please us. Anyway, people like that are the people I will trust to do the right thing, whether it ends up hurting him or not. I commend Tony and Amee on how they are dealing with any issues, and hope this venture proves fruitful for them. I would never have had an air ride system at the higher (MUCH higher) cost of the other available systems. Now I have one and can't wait to get it on. Thanks, Tony, you're a stand up guy, and your system is too!
Jerry

Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I had already tried lowering the bike using a 1 1/4" So-Low kit then a 1 3/4" R.U.B. kit to get flat footed. I also lower the front 1" with the HD kit. I achieved flat foot with the RUB kit, but had to jack the presure up in the rear shocks so high that it was uncomfortable, two-up riding was down right unbearable requiring 40-45 PSI in order not to rub the rear fender.
I have a question, hopefully someone can explain this to me.
I see many people mention having problems with the lowering kits causing rubbing on the rear fender.
If these kits cause problems when the bike is lowered only 1-2", then how come the Draggin Baggers system doesn't rub the fender
when it claims to lower the bike 3-4 inches? Am I missing something here???
Has anyone experienced rubbing or bottoming out with the Draggin Baggers kit?
Peace
Rags

Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no rubbin on mine...and thanks on the shim/washer idear...it'll work...sorry guys, gotta go make the donuts to buy my next doodad

Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ragtop

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I had already tried lowering the bike using a 1 1/4" So-Low kit then a 1 3/4" R.U.B. kit to get flat footed. I also lower the front 1" with the HD kit. I achieved flat foot with the RUB kit, but had to jack the presure up in the rear shocks so high that it was uncomfortable, two-up riding was down right unbearable requiring 40-45 PSI in order not to rub the rear fender.
I have a question, hopefully someone can explain this to me.
I see many people mention having problems with the lowering kits causing rubbing on the rear fender.
If these kits cause problems when the bike is lowered only 1-2", then how come the Draggin Baggers system doesn't rub the fender
when it claims to lower the bike 3-4 inches? Am I missing something here???
Has anyone experienced rubbing or bottoming out with the Draggin Baggers kit?
Peace
Rags
The best that I can explain it is that the shocks with the DB system don't compress as much at the PSI required to raise them up. So even dropped just slightly above full slam they are able to keep the fender suspended enough to prevent the tire from rubbing. With the lowering kits I had in order to achieve a no rub situation I had to effectively pump up the shocks to 25 PSI solo (40+ PSI two-up). Which made the ride particularly harsh. I don't have a good enough understanding of the inner working of each shock, but whatever the difference is between the stock shocks and the Monroe shocks that the DB system uses it's enough to keep me from rubbing my fender. I do have to be careful of the road conditions if I am riding pretty slammed as there is the potential for bottoming out the shock, but that's the beauty of the kit......just add a little more air and no worries!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:58 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Phil, the shock bolt head does rest on the exhaust when the bike is jacked right up on a lift.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:07 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kimber fan

Bigredone,

Where did you get the Webber BBQ handlebar mount? That is the best mod I have ever seen. [sm=goodidea.gif]
LOL! OK ya made me go back and look.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
WISHBONE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ASSUME THAT I WILL HAVE THE "HITTING OR RUBBING" THE MUFFLER ALSO WITH RINEHARTS???????
THANKS!

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES