Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 AM
td3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Hey Biggzed,
Bounty did nothing wrong, our supplier increased the crimp settings on the center crimp, and no more leaks.... We are very excited to end the mess... Yours will be going out this week also.. As for the gauge we will soon be having a couple as options...
Tony

Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

ORIGINAL: roseroid

WoW!! Some pile of problems you guys are having! Hate to say it but some times you get what you pay for!! Thought this was to good to be true....... My LEGENDS Air-Ride are flawless, shocks are CHROME!!, control switch is up on handle bars, looks stock! Not one issue with install,compressor mounted under battery so smoothly.None of that drilling stuff. 3/4 inch between shock bolt and muffler @ full extension. You do pay a little but you do get a LOT LOT LOT!! LOVE MY LEGENDS........ roid
Actually roid, you are the first post I have read in this thread that considers these issues serious. Then again, if I spent as much on a system as you did, I would be looking for reasons to justify it as well. I figure for $400 bucks, it's worth a shot. I was going to replace the stock air shocks on my RG with Progressive 440s anyway. If the DB system doesn't work out (which I seriously doubt) I can still buy a pair of 440's and be in it half what a legends system cost.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:39 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

ORIGINAL: td3

Hey Biggzed,
Bounty did nothing wrong, our supplier increased the crimp settings on the center crimp, and no more leaks.... We are very excited to end the mess...
Tony
Right on. Can't wait for my shipment. So are you confirming the shocks will be able to handle whatever the compressor can throw at it. No worries about overfilling the shocks? Thanks for being such a stand up company.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 AM
roady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tony, if I read your first post on this subject you mentioned something about replacing everyones "T" . I havnt recieved mine yet just to let you know. I will do the soapy water check one more time with system full off air to make sure it is not leaking. Do you also have a smaller switch that I could use in the 1/2 hole in front of battery on right side ? I also noticed that my bottom shock bolt hits the muffler when all the way full of air. Thanks for taking care of our issues as they arrise.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
roseroid
Advanced

Going on the CHEAP!! is almost always hand in hand with PROBLEMS!! I wish you guys all the best, Tony seems to be a stand up guy? Myself I could not stand the agrivation, and I did it this way, you did it that way! Seems to me something made for MY BIKE should fit the same way every time. Mount, switch, shock hitting muffler! YIKES . GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I think Bounty will look after you all.... roid

Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: td3

Hey Biggzed,
Bounty did nothing wrong, our supplier increased the crimp settings on the center crimp, and no more leaks.... We are very excited to end the mess... Yours will be going out this week also.. As for the gauge we will soon be having a couple as options...
Tony
Tony, could you clarify what is the max pressure that the shocks can handle is? As you may have read in another thread I added an air pressure gauge. When I'm riding solo I keep it around 70 to 75 PSI. I haven't rode two-up yet but I'm guess that I'll be taking it higher than 75 PSI so I just wanted to know exactly how high I can go with it. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:38 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The compressor has a max working pressure of 120 and the shocks are rated to handle 150.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

The compressor has a max working pressure of 120 and the shocks are rated to handle 150.
Does the compressor have a bleed off valve when it hits maximum pressure or does it just shut off?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:15 PM
roseroid
Advanced

jmorton10: It works never a problem,! Show me a pic of your bagger, always interested in what everyone else has, "see's" and does to there RIDES. !! YOU..............now.......
roid

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

I like the slammed look too but I'd rather pay a few $$$ more and not have to worry about if my system is going to hold air today or 5 months from now when I pull it out of winter storage.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES