Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES

there's more extension both ways....unloaded at full up extension the shock bolt touches my slip on...mine are V&H 4" ...i think some of the smaller diameter exhausts wouldnt hit...but as soon as you load it(sit on it), it compresses and no hitty

Old 10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone is interested, for those that do not use their communications switch I used my PTT switch to activate my air compressor. The dump solenoid is wired to the switch and the compressor is run through a relay off the switch. I also wired in my garage door opener on the push position on the PTT switch. This works so great .... you do not even have to take your hands off the handlebars.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
rpt63
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering if a tork head bolt or something with a small head on it would fix the bolt head from hitting the exhaust, easier then changing the length of the shocks.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you could...and you can also beat a dent in the pipe, drag racer style ...or you can just not worry bout it like me

Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you will find a fastener with much of a smaller head that will make a difference with the contact issue. This contact factor depends on how much air pressure you have in the system and the potential rebound effect from a sharp bump. Any exhaust system with a tight clearance under the saddlebag will likely have a contact issue with the lower shock bolt head.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:15 AM
roseroid
Advanced

WoW!! Some pile of problems you guys are having! Hate to say it but some times you get what you pay for!! Thought this was to good to be true....... My LEGENDS Air-Ride are flawless, shocks are CHROME!!, control switch is up on handle bars, looks stock! Not one issue with install,compressor mounted under battery so smoothly.None of that drilling stuff. 3/4 inch between shock bolt and muffler @ full extension. You do pay a little but you do get a LOT LOT LOT!! LOVE MY LEGENDS........ roid

Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

>>You do pay a little

I don't consider almost $2000 "a little"...........(& who cares if the shocks are chrome, nobody sees them anyway on a bagger)

~John

Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 AM
td3
Cruiser

Hey Guys,
Great news, just spent all day inspecting our new shock shipment. We tested every shock we have in stock, 100% perfect. I can get all orders out this week.
Tony
draggin baggers

Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send it brother!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

The shocks should be able to handle the maximum pressure that the supplied compressor puts out. There is an ongoing issue with faulty shock seals that Tony is well aware of, and that was the reason for the delay in the original shipments. To be sure you do not have a leak, pump the system up to full extension and then add more air. A leak will then manifest itself by sound and you veryify the exact location with a soapy water test. Also, some leaks may not be prevalent until a certain pressure is reached. It may hold fine in the garage overnight, yet lose air when riding, and you won't have a clue till ya hit a bump.
Bounty - I guess this is the part I am struggling with: "pump the system up to full extension and then add more air"

Is it possible you are overloading the system. I the shocks are at full extension, why would you need to add more air? I read a month or so ago where Tony admitted he had a batch of bad shocks and was waiting for replacements, so I don't doubt you accidently were shipped a faulty shock, I am just thinking you might be asking the shocks to handle more than it is designed to handle. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you putting the system through the paces for us that have not received it yet. Just wondering if this is a real world application that will cause the problem. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I firmly believe the addition of an air pressure gauge would help eliminate a lot of guess work with this system. There would be no guess work as to where max extension would be. I also appreciate Tony keeping the cost down on this system by not adding a gauge and letting each customer decide if they want one, and if they do which gauge they want. I'll let it go now.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Draggin' Bagger ISSUES