Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new pull behind motorycycle trailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:10 PM
kjelders
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new pull behind motorycycle trailer

It was devilered about 1pm today. Took about 1.5hrs to put the pieces together. Pics our from my phone, not the best. I order a dog crate made of diamond plate aluminum with a door and screen and two slide windows with screen that will be tied down on top of the trailer. My two mini long hair doxies (names Tater and Tot) will be going with us on camping trips.

My new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater_tot_trailer3.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater_tot_trailer4.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater_tot_trailer5.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater_tot_trailer1.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater_tot_trailer2.jpg

Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats to tator and tot, wish my 2 shepherds were not so big so I could do the same, hope they get the wind and do not get too hot while riding. looks great

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 PM
kjelders
Tourer

Up here in the Pacific Northwest, I will be making sure they stay warm most of the time. The diamond plate aluminum dog crate I ordered is insulated and I plan to add some padding to keep them comfy.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

That is one manly lookin' trailer.

Congrats!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
kjelders
Tourer

Here is a picture of the diamond plate aluminum dog kennel I ordered. It's insulated and I will be adding some foam padding on the inside. It has two side windows with screens as well as vents on the door. I will strap the kennel on top of the trailer. Going with these options will give me a kennel to keep the boys in for hotels, etc.

My new pull behind motorycycle trailer-dogkennel.jpg

Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
karter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to be a downer but you may shake and scare your dogs to death . Don't know what you have for suspension on your trailer but you going to need a substantial load to compress the springs or the trailer will be bouncing on every ripple and road imperfection . Again I'm not knocking your idea of wanting your dogs along for the ride , but you should take the trailer out for a solo ride (sans dogs) to see how the trailer reacts and how much load you need for the trailer to ride smoothly .

Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
kjelders
Tourer

Thanks for the input. The trailer has independant torsion suspension and I pulled the trailer empty and it doesn't bounce at all. Plus when they go the trailer will have at least 100lbs load in it. As much as we care for the boys, I will make sure that all potential danger factors have or will be tested before they take their first ride.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 AM
SecondChance!!
Road Master

You may also entertain the thought of putting something between the roof of the box and floor of the kennel so they don't bang and scratch against each other. Great looking trailer and crate also!!!!! I HAVE to keep the wife from seeing this for I know will be coming next!!!!!! My custom trailer out the door and this new one in!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM
kjelders
Tourer

Originally Posted by SecondChance!!
You may also entertain the thought of putting something between the roof of the box and floor of the kennel so they don't bang and scratch against each other. Great looking trailer and crate also!!!!! I HAVE to keep the wife from seeing this for I know will be coming next!!!!!! My custom trailer out the door and this new one in!!!!!!!
Yep, already have...bought a 1/2" rubber mat that will glued to the bottom of the crate

Quick Reply: My new pull behind motorycycle trailer