Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new pull behind motorycycle trailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 AM
kjelders
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djaudette
Very nice set up. I have 2 mini short haired doxies that would love it. Where did you get the crate from?
The kennel is from Punk Hollow Kennel . I will be adding some leather somewhere on the kennel for sure!

Tater
My new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tater1.jpg
Tot
My new pull behind motorycycle trailer-tot1.jpg

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a great trailer and good deal. I pulled a fiberglass one (Born Free) in the 70's with a 750 Honda and didn't like going down the Mtns. out west as it tended to push the back wheel around. I'm sure with a passenger and heavier Harley that isn't as much of a problem.

I was just wondering how many have quit pulling trailers and for what reason?

Also if dogs are in kenel on trailer I would block the wind in the front. I've heard of trucks pulling trailers w dogs and they got too much carbon monxide.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
kjelders
Tourer

Originally Posted by gmc
Looks like a great trailer and good deal. I pulled a fiberglass one (Born Free) in the 70's with a 750 Honda and didn't like going down the Mtns. out west as it tended to push the back wheel around. I'm sure with a passenger and heavier Harley that isn't as much of a problem.

I was just wondering how many have quit pulling trailers and for what reason?

Also if dogs are in kenel on trailer I would block the wind in the front. I've heard of trucks pulling trailers w dogs and they got too much carbon monxide.
That's one of the reason the kennel will be on top of the trailer and not in the trailer. You can also read on Wags Trailer website of owners pulling their pets for thousands of miles with no problems related to carbon monoxide.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
karter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wags Pet Trailers !!! Never would have thought of that , good luck and hope the dogs enjoy the ride .
The only reason I had concerns , I also have a small trailer we tow . It's equipped with a 750# torsion axle and we do need at least a 100# load (maybe more) to keep the suspension loaded and the trailer wheels on the pavement . No load or not much of a load and it's bouncing down the road .
Again ,good luck and take care of the pups .

Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
kjelders
Tourer

Finished the graphics and added the custome dynamics LED ligth bar license plate bracket with 4 LED White light with black bolts. I wired in the LED amber and red side markers.

My new pull behind motorycycle trailer-the_rig_.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-the_rig__02.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-the_rig__03.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-the_rig__05.jpgMy new pull behind motorycycle trailer-the_rig__06.jpg

Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

My dogs are a bit bigger... They love to go for a ride...

Like your new trailer and your dogs will too...

Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess my concern would be with what exhaust you are running, just so it's not too loud for to long of a period of time for them.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet setup...congrats and I hope you and the family enjoy the whole experience. Please post again once you get it road tested for real. I think with a little bit of mod's you can put some kids in there too (LOL). Just out of curiousity...how much does the trailer weigh?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
kjelders
Tourer

Originally Posted by audettd
Sweet setup...congrats and I hope you and the family enjoy the whole experience. Please post again once you get it road tested for real. I think with a little bit of mod's you can put some kids in there too (LOL). Just out of curiousity...how much does the trailer weigh?
LOL....empty weight is 190lbs.