Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fugly wins best of show at chicago swap meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default fugly wins best of show at chicago swap meet

roadglides are in...one with a 26 inch wheel took best of show at McCormick place
if you go to the winners website and click on gallery tab on top,then click on custom bikes then on the left side of page and go to page 5 and click on ddultimate bagger. you can then see 7 pics pics from all different angles including the trick rear exhaust...also a couple of batwings for you more traditional type
http://www.ddcustomcycle.com/flash.html

Last edited by leohd; 02-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a ton of detailed work, but it still not very appealing. I hate to bash someone elses hard work, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder thanks that thing is fugly.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea, not for me at all!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:40 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
That's a ton of detailed work, but it still not very appealing. I hate to bash someone elses hard work, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder thanks that thing is fugly.
I would trade him straight up lol, its obvious since he won best bagger of sturgis contest and I'm sure tons of trophies that it isn;t just "beauty in the eye of the beholder"

Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Originally Posted by leohd
I would trade him straight up lol, its obvious since he won best bagger of sturgis contest and I'm sure tons of trophies that it isn;t just "beauty in the eye of the beholder"
I'm sure it's some amazing craftsmanship/artistry. I'll also admit it's new and different, but still don't like it. However, I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me. It's like any other work of art, each person decides what moves thier soul. This moves your soul, but not mine and that is fine and part of the appeal of customizing Harleys.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain

I saw this 1st Fugly at Full Throttle contest in Sturgis (the orange one), it was the best bike I saw that week. It was really something else and I am not a fan of the monster front wheels, eveything worked together (including the Porsche headlight)

Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Maybe the pic just doesn't do it justice like he suggested.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works for me, don't like blue usually but that works. Would take it for the long haul, but very creative.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eric in chicago
I saw this 1st Fugly at Full Throttle contest in Sturgis (the orange one), it was the best bike I saw that week. It was really something else and I am not a fan of the monster front wheels, eveything worked together (including the Porsche headlight)
the blue one above is alot like the orange one just way more detail with the scallops,flared out side covers and he has a trick exhaust with both pipes exiting the center of the rear fender. bike should be at the rosemont show this weekend.bottom line is its a show bike and the guy does have alot of talent with super detail. personally some things I like on it some I could live without. at least it ain't a boring batwing

Last edited by leohd; 02-10-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

For riding, which is the reason I own my bike, I'd rather have my Road King Classic.

For looking at, I'd still rather have my Road King Classic.

Quick Reply: fugly wins best of show at chicago swap meet