Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White whats wrong with it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

If they had offered white on the 2010 or 2011 Ultras, I probably would have bought one. They didn't, so I didn't.

Of course they offer it on the Shriner bikes, but I'm not a Shriner. It's amazing to me that they can afford to let a customer walk in these financial times when the bike he would buy is sitting right there on the floor.

IMO, the best looking colors they've had for the last 2 years are the Police, Firefighter and Shriner bikes. The colors available to the public look like they were picked out by somebody on acid - except for black, and I've owned 2 black H-D's - never again!

But that's just me. Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and everybody's different.

Last edited by jpooch00; 02-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nothing wrong with white at all. Wifey has a pearl white ice Heritage that looks great. Also got a bud with a pearl white ice RK.
He's a bit of a newbie and thought others would think his scoot looked a little effeminate. So he de-gayed it (his words) with some mauve and fuscia pinstripes. Not kidding here - and I mean a LOT of mauve and fuscia pinstripes.
I don't have the heart to tell him.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:14 PM
bennenrkc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my bike, not all white but if I am ever in the market again for a bike, which could be a really long time (way to much invested in this one) it would definitely be another white one. I originally wanted a red one but the wife like the white one and she was right, dont tell her. I bought a tourpak, and ordered the road king white gold/pewter pearl and I was really hoping for the strip on the side like the ultras have. Oh well still looks nice imo.

If we were not saving to buy a new house, there would be a birch white sedona orange superlow in the garage.

Maybe Harley will listen, the only reason I would buy a black bike was if I planned on painting it right away.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

White is the best of all colors. Now I'm waiting for HD to bring back a white UC. Hopefully next year.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
billybud
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

White is for ice cream trucks and Turkish towels.....Next thing, you'll be raving about white walls on a Harley.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Wonderbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

White on a well cared for HD is great. I can't think of another brand that offers a white street bike, so I'd say its not a me-too color! This is a good thing no?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarz
White is the best of all colors. Now I'm waiting for HD to bring back a white UC. Hopefully next year.
Yeah, I'll second that!

If they don't offer it in white next year, that's it. I'll give up and just be happy with what I've got now.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I used to love black, but have found that my silver SG is much more visible to other drivers (the 2 black bikes that I've had I've managed to end up in accidents in both).

Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking White Bike

I have a two tone White Gold Pearl & Black Pearl on my 08 Ultra and think it looks pretty darn good to me !! Additional mods ain't bad either !!

Attached Thumbnails White whats wrong with it?-yaffe-12-inch-monkey-bagger-bars.jpg   White whats wrong with it?-new-fairing-and-windshield.jpg   White whats wrong with it?-bike-week-2010-pic.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

It's all subjective I guess. Don't like white bikes, jeeps, trucks or cars, don't know why, but I don't like it and I never have. My 89 was white when I picked it up , along with some green and gold on it ( was a Jersey City Police bike). It was immeddiatly stripped and rebuilt and painted ppg gloss black with ppg clear.

The new streetglide is vivid black, my Jeep rubicon is black, i just like how gloss black and chrome/aluminum looks. Like the new Merlot, the blue, the sliver, even the Sedona orange. Just ain't diggin' the white, don't care how much metallic they throw at it... Again , this is all subjective...

Quick Reply: White whats wrong with it?