Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White whats wrong with it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
White is the cleanest color followed by silver.
Black is the most common color and shows dirt first followed by all the other dark colors.
I agree totally my white denim has been uncovered and dusty for months, my oldmans green and black classic sat clean uncovered next to mine for a week and looked terribly dusty compared to mine.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Whites ok, but Black and Chrome look much better to me.
Harley thinks so too, and sells a $ton$ of chrome accessories accordingly.

If there is a business decision between Harley offering a black or white bike, white loses every time.

I personally like white bikes - white gold in particular - but see why they are few and far between.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain

When I bought mine I looked at the denim didn't like it at all just figured after a couple of years I'll have mine painted Pearl white. Friend of mine said 3 grand would do it. I didn't think that was too bad. For now I just have to look harder if I'm parked close to a vivid black SG.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, you can tell Harley loves black bikes, must be easier to hide all the flaws in the paint and most likely the cheapest paint to make. When I decided to buy a HD, that was my number one priority no black bike(had a black Honda and a black Chev truck)to damn much work to keep clean and shows way to many swirls in the paint,etc. Not knocking anyone preference, could buy a Shriner special, but then I would have to pony up another 1-2,000 a year in dues and can't afford that. I know when I bought mine, I hadn't seen another white HD, of course the first night I went to a local club meeting, there was 3 in the parking lot. Since a lot of folks I ride with have gotten white bikes. I do get a kick out of riding to work in my uniform(swat fatigues and gold shield)and watch peoples reaction when they see me...Our HP rides blue bikes, no white PD bikes in the area, either.

Joe

Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Ultra is two-tone White Pearl with Pewter Pearl. I think Harley does the best white pearl on any motorcycle.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
reh13
Road Master

If they still made glacier white, it's what I would have bought.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Saint666
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess white is like any other color you can choose,,why not yellow? or Red? ,,Nothing is wrong with them,..For me,black is the color,,but for each its own,...

Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
TBirdEd76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2006 883C is a white pearl, love it. In the future I'd love an Ultra, white would most deffinitly be high on my color option preference.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
Yea, you can tell Harley loves black bikes, must be easier to hide all the flaws in the paint and most likely the cheapest paint to make. When I decided to buy a HD, that was my number one priority no black bike(had a black Honda and a black Chev truck)to damn much work to keep clean and shows way to many swirls in the paint,etc. Not knocking anyone preference, could buy a Shriner special, but then I would have to pony up another 1-2,000 a year in dues and can't afford that. I know when I bought mine, I hadn't seen another white HD, of course the first night I went to a local club meeting, there was 3 in the parking lot. Since a lot of folks I ride with have gotten white bikes. I do get a kick out of riding to work in my uniform(swat fatigues and gold shield)and watch peoples reaction when they see me...Our HP rides blue bikes, no white PD bikes in the area, either.

Joe
What Shrine has dues that high? Mahi in Miami is $100.00.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally I like dark colors better, but I painted my wife's bike pearl white which she loves and I think is ok . She really thinks it's great when I'm out washing the dust off mine and she looks over and says "Whats the hold up mines ready"

Quick Reply: White whats wrong with it?