Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used Lake Shore HD for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Has anyone used Lake Shore HD for parts?

Has anyone used Lake Shore HD in IL. for online parts. If so how were there shipping rates and time for delivery. Their website will not give shipping costs until order is packed which means paid for. A little odd but convienient for them. I don't mind that as long as they don't rape you to make up their costs since they have the best price. I am leaning to not going with them since it is not that difficult to have estimated shipping built into a program. But if they are on the up and up I would like to get the best price on a chrome front end. They beat Zanotti's by about $20 and Zanotti's don't have the parts in stock or I would just go there.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Ret Sgt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Used them for my SEPST. $80 less than my home dealer, fast shipping, no problems. Will use them again. Shipping was included in price for me.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have ordered a few times from them. Good experiences each time.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My experiences with them have been excellent and shipping reasonable.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never ordered anything from them, but I have been there several times (my hometown dealer), and I have always had good service there.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:19 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Just did a price comparison between Lake Shore and Zanotti on a few items I'm getting ready to purchase.

Zanotti was $12.22 lower than Lake Shore. For shipping Lake Shore was $3.93 lower.

For a estimate on shipping from Lake Shore, if you have a paypal account you can get a shipping total by clicking on the check out with paypal button. You will then be asked to log in to your account then click next. You will then see the shipping and you still will have the option of canceling your order before it's placed.

By the way, on the Lake Shore site how did you know that the items were in stock? I don't see where that is noted when I search for the parts.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM
StanfordMan
Tourer

I have ordered clothing and parts from Lake Shore. I have found their price to be lower than Zanotti's almost everytime. Lake Shore is 20% lower than the HD retail price, and there is no sales tax. Also, for large orders (over $500), shipping is free. Occassionally, they have had free shipping for orders over $200. I have always been able to see the shipping cost when I proceed to "Checkout" on their website. Their delivery time is quick, and I've had good experience with their customer service. They will not, however, give you any "fitment" advice or input; so you pretty much have to research that on your own.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't see it in stock but Zanotti's was out of stock so stock at least equal I will go with the lower price and they may have it.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few times a year, Lakeshore offers 20% off and free shipping on larger orders, maybe $300 and over. Expect a sale in the next 6-8 weeks if you can hold out. About like any online retail experience-not expecting anything other than exactly what I order and brand new and undamaged-always got what I expected.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

used them a few times, and will use them again. Shipping was reasonable, and think its free over $500. It was for me unless it was a special. Communication was good and recieved order in just a few days.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Lake Shore HD for parts?