Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Gear Indicator by Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011 | 10:23 PM
d2jlking
Tourer

I'm not paying $200 bucks for it, but I can see where someone would find it useful. It's funny that so many people on here have labeled it for "rookies, rubs, posers, etc..." What is with the labels? And how exactly would your choice of gauges define your worthiness as a biker, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley owner, whatever? Some people ride lots of miles, some ride a few, some have expensive bikes and some don't. People are different...get over it.

Old 02-20-2011 | 11:35 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by d2jlking
I'm not paying $200 bucks for it, but I can see where someone would find it useful. It's funny that so many people on here have labeled it for "rookies, rubs, posers, etc..." What is with the labels? And how exactly would your choice of gauges define your worthiness as a biker, motorcycle enthusiast, Harley owner, whatever? Some people ride lots of miles, some ride a few, some have expensive bikes and some don't. People are different...get over it.
Cracks me up too considering how some of the same people wouldn't blink twice about spending that much on chrome bling. lol

Old 02-20-2011 | 11:58 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member

It's a good idea for Us older folk's who suffer from CRS. lol

Old 02-21-2011 | 02:11 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

I wonder if the MOCO will have an add-on that tells you when to shift? That'll be another $219.95.

Old 03-02-2011 | 12:52 PM
fragmentum
Advanced

I find this accessory is going to very helpful, and I am buying one for my Road Glide. We have several twisties out here where I live, and although I do not run my bike with tach reading. With full gear on, full face helmet and sometimes earplugs, it is difficult to tell what gear I am in while in the twisties. I often find myself in the twisties in 6th gear and should be down in 5th, or even 4th gear. The bike has so much torque it is difficult to tell if I am in 5th or 6th, when I should be in 5th and not lugging the motor.
I think I'll find this useful, and they are available discounted from some dealers.

Old 03-02-2011 | 01:52 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer

Originally Posted by fragmentum
I find this accessory is going to very helpful, and I am buying one for my Road Glide. We have several twisties out here where I live, and although I do not run my bike with tach reading. With full gear on, full face helmet and sometimes earplugs, it is difficult to tell what gear I am in while in the twisties. I often find myself in the twisties in 6th gear and should be down in 5th, or even 4th gear. The bike has so much torque it is difficult to tell if I am in 5th or 6th, when I should be in 5th and not lugging the motor.
I think I'll find this useful, and they are available discounted from some dealers.
Me too, matter of fact I might get two of them in order to balance my bars evenly. I could also label one of them "lower gear range" and the other, "upper gear range" to impress other garage queen posers such as myself.

Seriously though, I'll probably buy one when I can get it on eBay for half the regular price like I've done with many other things I've bought for my bike.

VR

Last edited by HOGNOT; 03-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2011 | 04:39 PM
BezerkoBob
Road Master

Seriously? I can't believe HD wasted money, time & resources developing this thing. Who the hell is runnin' that place?

Old 03-02-2011 | 05:57 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member

No thanks I know how to use proper gear for the speed and need.

Old 03-02-2011 | 06:22 PM
parachuter
Cruiser

Just another piece of chrome bling bling, on average another hundred dollars more than any other small piece of chrome you can buy.

Old 03-02-2011 | 06:32 PM
asandler
Intermediate

Beats me how virtually every other bike on the market has a gear indicator light on it, except HD, who expect us to part with $200 (more in Oz), for a tacky add on, bolted to the handlebar! If they can include a green neutral light, and a green 6 on the dash, how much more difficult would it be to give us all the gear positions?

Quick Reply: Digital Gear Indicator by Harley