Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital Gear Indicator by Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:21 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior

I suppose it could be useful for some riders...Just my opinion I guess it would be great for the person that has everything on their Harley but miles.

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:32 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

No. I think I'll just wait until they have auto trans and get the P-R-N-D-L version.

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:45 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

no thanks. if i wanted that i would have bought a honda.

Old 02-08-2011 | 08:51 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master

First off, what is the point of that thing? I rode for years with no tach and no light telling me what gear I was in (unless I was out of gear, "N"). Now that I'm on a bagger I've got a tach and that little green "6" light to tell me in in top gear. Soooo...when the hell would I ever need to know I'm in 3rd or 4th for example??? If I'm accelerating and taching up, I shift up. If I'm slowing down (or want to slow down), I shift down. So this thing is just another pointless piece of yuppie garbage. Thanks, H-D for wasting your time and effort creating a piece of useless junk instead of developing something we could actually get some use out of.

Second, it looks like ****. I'd never clutter up my bars with that garbage.

Old 02-08-2011 | 09:23 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
yada yada ...

Thanks, H-D for wasting your time and effort creating a piece of useless junk instead of developing something we could actually get some use out of.

Yada yada...
In defense of H-D they already have the bike nailed down. They can’t really improve the Big Twin because of federal regulations so they develop trinkets for yuppies. What would you have them do?

Old 02-08-2011 | 09:33 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
In defense of H-D they already have the bike nailed down. They can’t really improve the Big Twin because of federal regulations so they develop trinkets for yuppies. What would you have them do?
True, and plenty of yups out there buy junk like this by the boatload and the moco rakes in the cash.
Damnit, I hate you and your infuriating logic.

But what would I have them do?...I want some options for my ventilator air cleaner insert!

Last edited by TitoFTW; 02-08-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2011 | 09:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Looks good and it's a cool gizmo but I need or want one.

How many of you haters have a tach in your car with an automatic transmission? Same worthless idea.

Old 02-08-2011 | 10:38 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior

Not for me... Can't really see the value.

Old 02-08-2011 | 01:15 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

When I first got my Harley, I felt that a tach or something to show what gear I was in would be great. After 50K I just go by the sound and feel. You know when it lugging or screaming for a gear change. Of course when you make a fast stop at a red light, it get's sort of embarasing when you find you are still in third when the light turns green.

Old 02-08-2011 | 03:17 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

But what would I have them do?...I want some options for my ventilator air cleaner insert!

I second that motion! I, one that has a hard tie making up my mind, would like to see more air options. I think that most are somewhat boring, not to **** anyone off, but lets face it the choices and styles are not that good. For a bad *** scoot, you would think there would be more choices. I love the look of the hypercharger, but from what I've read... stay away they are junk. Harley should make one that is not so junk and have it really look bad *** with color matching and all. Stupid gear change thing, who cares, I mean like how do you not know what hear your in. Like other guy said, "unless of course you forgot to shift down to 1st and stopped and forgot you were in 3rd!!!!"

Quick Reply: Digital Gear Indicator by Harley